Chief Operating Officer (Medical)
Optima Medical Scottsdale, AZ
- Posted: 19 days ago
- $150,000 to $200,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical, vision
Optima Medical is a highly reputable and long-standing primary care medical practice. Optima Medical consists of 11 office locations and over 40 providers throughout Arizona. The position of Chief Operating Officer is part of the executive leadership team, reporting directly to the CEO and is accountable for setting the strategic direction and driving success for the organization. The COO is responsible for planning, directing and evaluating the strategic plan and goals to position Optima for success and ensure a collaborative, open and inclusive work environment that is focused on quality of outcomes and superior service orientation. This individual will serve as a role model to staff across the practice; representing Optima in a positive manner both within and outside the organization. Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards.
- Sets the strategic direction for the organization, including providing clear expectations, courageous leadership and innovative and inclusive solutions to ensure the successful achievement of desired and integrated strategic business objectives, and outcomes including, but not limited to, growth, customer experience, accountability and patient care.
- Leads across the organization; fostering a culture of accountability and innovative thought leadership for achieving plans and performance targets.
- Provides direction and counsel to identify and resolve the most complex issues and problems impacting initiatives and operations.
- Develops staff to ensure continued professional growth and talent management to support the long-term success of the organization.
- Promotes and models positive relationships.
- Oversees the development, implementation, and consistent application of effective organizational policies and practices.
- Maintains an effective internal control environment to ensure that assets are safeguarded, policies and operating procedures are followed, necessary controls are effective and efficient, proper compliance with existing laws and regulations achieved, and operations comply with the legal and regulatory parameters in which it operates.
- Develops, reviews, and monitors financial and performance outcomes to assure attainment of organizational objectives.
- Maintains an effective budgeting and capital planning discipline in conjunction with management to ensure planned revenues, expenses, and/or profit goals are met.
- Ensures the integration of new and innovative operations and/or services by providing leadership that maximizes management staff’s contributions and assures timely decision-making reflective of the mission, vision, and values of the system.
- Strong knowledge of healthcare operations as normally obtained through the completion of a Master’s Degree in Business, Health Services Administration, or a related field and ten years of progressively responsible managerial experience in applicable area(s) of position responsibility, including a minimum of five years senior management level experience within a health care system setting or large multi-operational, complex corporate environment.
- Proven track record of driving strategic and performance outcomes, as well as accomplishing organizational goals.
- Proven experience in managing fiscally sound, profitable, efficient, and responsible operations.
- Strong financial and business acumen.
- Knowledge of budgeting and forecasting methodologies.
- Skilled in effectively engaging management level staff, employees, and stakeholders in order to build partnerships, achieve strategic initiatives, and attain organizational goals; managing problems and situations where uncertainty is inherent; constructing new and innovative solutions for complex and varying problems and situations while approaching issues/problems by considering the larger perspective or context; mentoring and coaching management level staff by providing open and honest feedback that results in enhanced performance outcomes; developing and implementing strategic goals and initiatives that demonstrate a strong commitment to organizational success; effectively allocating resources in order to accomplish organizational goals; quickly assessing and assimilating organizational and industry financial dynamics in order to make appropriate decisions and act quickly on new initiatives; negotiating win-win scenarios with outside vendors/partners while representing the organization in the best possible light; developing collaborative relationships with internal and/or external strategic partners and/or other applicable parties.
- Leadership style and characteristics necessary to effectively perform in this role include: systems-thinker; innovative; collaborator; ability to work with teams; good listening; nonvolatile; values multiple disciplines; community visibility and leadership; and passionate about continuous improvement and providing high quality service to our patients.
8300 N Hayden RdScottsdale, AZ
BusinessView all jobs at Optima Medical