Optima,Inc Chicago, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Optima is a design-driven real estate development firm rooted in the modernist tradition with offices in Illinois and Arizona. For more than 40 years, we have been developing, designing, building and managing striking urban and suburban luxury residential communities. From the beginning, we aimed to reinvent housing by integrating the functions involved in new construction within one company. We control and execute every aspect of the process in-house – development, architecture, construction, sales and management – for a dynamic system that offers greater focus and fluidity. We are committed to delivering extraordinary living through design, innovation, sustainability and management.
What You'll Do
- You will take part in all facets of the development cycle including planning, entitlements, design, permit submittal and review, and construction oversight.
- Coordinate guidance from the owner regarding the site and architectural design and incorporating this input into the Revit model.
- Assist with consultant coordination including civil engineers, landscape architects, soils engineers, MEP engineers, and others in pursuit of completing entitlement applications and building permit submittals.
- Assist in the development of construction documents and be responsible for obtaining necessary permits and approvals from governing municipality.
- Organize and execute building model coordination meetings with subcontractors and construction team. Meetings will be used to identify clashes and conflicts.
- Work with the team to build the Revit Model and the Revit-based Construction Documents.
- Oversee subcontractors’ 3D models using Navisworks.
- Review and approve contractors’ shop drawings to meet document preparation schedules.
- Make changes or adjustments as necessary or desired, including re-drafts, and respond to and document requests for information from the field and/or subcontractors.
- Visit the construction site at regular intervals to observe the overall progress. Maintain project drawing files and archives.
- Apprise Senior Architect and teammates of issues and/or problems on a regular and preemptive basis.
- Work with and present information to internal Optima management/staff requests.
- Prepare early marketing graphics, brochures, material boards and other project-related presentations.
What You'll Need
- You should have a minimum 10 years of relevant architectural experience, be organized, self-reliant and hardworking, possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be able to prioritize multiple tasks at a time. Reliable, responsive and positive work ethic with the highest degree of integrity.
- Previous experience on High-rise residential construction, multifamily, developer-led projects is a must. Experience with design-build, IgCC or LEED projects is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or related course study required. Licensed architect preferred.
- Proficient in Architectural BIM-related software. Advanced Revit user required. Experience with the following software is preferred: Adobe Photoshop, In-Design, Bluebeam, Acrobat, Procore.
- Thorough knowledge of building codes and accessibility standards, as well as design techniques, tools and principles pertaining to technical plans, blueprints, drawings and models.
- Able to interpret and apply complex documents affecting real estate projects, including Entitlement documents, traffic studies, subcontractor agreements, leases, due diligence materials, title reports, ALTA surveys, and architectural drawings. Capable of reading, analyzing and interpreting technical procedures, government regulations and building codes
- Ability to exercise discernment and discretion, and to set priorities and handle competing demands.
- Prior work experience in construction and/or construction observation/supervision and familiar with construction means, methods, and techniques.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive benefits and great perks make a huge difference; we get that, so you’ll get them too. Team Members receive a competitive 401k match, paid parental leave, paid time off, and a 100% company paid medical plan option. At Optima, we believe benefits should be meaningful and a part of what makes us great!
- Come as you are! At Optima we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members. Optima evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or other legally protected characteristics
Optima does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to Optima team members or the Optima people experience team. No placement fees will be paid to any 3rd party unless such a request has been made by the Optima people experience team.
Optima,IncWhy Work Here?
Awesome President and COO, "great people, I love coming to work everyday"