Are you driven? Do you find the devil in the details? Are you a problem solver? As an Assistant Community Manager, you will have the opportunity to grow your knowledge of real estate, strategize innovative ideas for managing operations, accounting, resident retention, and provide extraordinary customer service. You will be a leader that helps facilitate the daily operations to create an environment that welcomes future residents and helps current residents realizing they love where they live. Our Assistant Manager builds a positive and lasting influence on our visitors, prospects, residents, and peers, and understand the importance of exceptional service and first impressions.
Are you looking for growth potential? Our community is currently expanding as will this position. Expected completion of our next luxury rental tower is mid-2020, at which point this position would ideally transition into a Community Manager.
Optima is a fully integrated design-driven real estate firm, deeply rooted in the Modernist tradition. Since 1978, we have continued to contribute to the built environment, venturing off the beaten path to investigate new connections between people and place; society and nature. Our work remains both relevant and timely, as we enlist the tools of design to envision the future and enhance the human experience. We integrate all the functions involved in creating exceptional new communities within one company. We control and execute every aspect of the process in-house – development, design, construction, sales, leasing, and management – that achieves greater focus and flexibility. We are committed to delivering exceptional living through design, innovation, sustainability, and management.
At Optima, we offer team members the freedom to innovate, the opportunity to grow, and the passion for creating together. Reporting to the Property Manager, the successful candidate will thrive in a team-oriented environment and should possess the following:
What you will do:
- Lead the daily workflow of the front desk
- Manage move-in process
- Manage Internet Listing Service and other marketing relationships
- Maintain and manager social media posts
- Oversee reputation management
- Manage broker and resident referral programs
- Rent Café CRM lead
- Oversee preparation of weekly competitive market survey
- Oversee virtual concierge program
- Manage Optima Connect affinity program at community
- Manage Renewal program
- Oversee ePremium renters' insurance program
- Oversee Luxer Room package delivery operations
- Maintain open communication with the Property Manager, leasing team and Maintenance Supervisor.
- Provide superior customer service and communication to our residents and prospects to enhance customer satisfaction and increase renewals, revenue, reputation and profitability.
- Receive telephone calls, emails and in-person visits from residents, prospects and vendors/suppliers.
- Create, enter data for and manage Yardi/Rent Café CRM reports, serving as the on-site team’s Rent Café CRM resource.
- Issue maintenance service requests.
- Contribute to cleanliness and curb appeal of the community on an ongoing basis by physically inspecting the community on a regular basis and reporting any service needs to Maintenance. Inspect models, move-outs and vacancies, as needed.
- Assist in planning resident functions. Attend functions and participate as host for any functions as directed by the Property Manager.
- Assist in ensuring that all Optima policies and procedures are being followed.
- Contribute ideas to Property Manager for marketing community and improving resident satisfaction.
- Schedule visits, greet prospects, assess needs, tour apartments, and collect deposits and rent payments.
- Process applications and screenings, prepare and review lease agreements/renewals, and answer all questions related to the community. Complete guest cards and enter traffic daily. Effectively explain to the client all the leasing policies.
What will set you apart:
- Customer-service driven
- Warm, friendly and service-oriented philosophy
- High degree of flexibility and tolerance for change
- Superior written and verbal communications skills
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Effective at setting priorities/managing competing demands
- Aptitude to work both independently and as a team member
- Self-motivated and driven
What you will need:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. A college degree is also favorable.
- 2-3 years of on-site luxury apartment property management/leasing experience or high-end retail and hospitality is strongly preferred.
- Must have experience in Yardi Voyager7, as well as Microsoft Office Suite.
- General office skills
Compensation A competitive salary will be offered, plus a comprehensive benefits package, including life insurance, medical and dental insurance and a 401(k) plan.