Optima,Inc Chicago, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Optima is a design-driven real estate development firm rooted in the modernist tradition with offices in Illinois and Arizona. For more than 40 years, we have been developing, designing, building and managing striking urban and suburban luxury residential communities. From the beginning, we aimed to reinvent housing by integrating the functions involved in new construction within one company. We control and execute every aspect of the process in-house – development, architecture, construction, sales and management – for a dynamic system that offers greater focus and fluidity. We are committed to delivering extraordinary living through design, innovation, sustainability and management.
What You'll Do
- You will collaborate with Architect, Engineering, and Construction teams to support the multifamily residential real estate development life cycle.
- You will coordinate guidance and input from our ownership and consultants regarding architectural design and incorporate input into Revit models.
- Organize and participate in building model coordination meetings with subcontractors and construction team. Meetings will be used to identify clashes and conflicts.
- Work with the team to build Revit models and Revit-based construction documents.
- Oversee subcontractors’ 3D models using Navisworks.
- Review contractors’ shop drawings to meet document preparation schedules.
- Visit the construction site as needed to observe the overall progress.
- You will own Revit sheet creation, maintain project drawing files and archives and own printing and exporting CAD designs for consultants.
- You will manage incorporating consultant Revit and CAD files to Optima models, manage Revit and CAD redlines to expedite project delivery.
- Support the Architecture Team’s work in Procore submittal management, posting drawings and other responsibilities such as contact management, posting and receiving CAD and Revit files.
What You'll Need
- At least 3-6 years of relevant architectural experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture.
- Advanced Revit skills with proven ability creating reusable content for subsequent projects.
- Proficient in BIM related software such as Navisworks
- Proficient in AutoCAD Photoshop, Illustrator, Blubeam and any other Graphic Software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill.
- Organized, self-reliant and hard-working and the ability to multi-task.
- Reliable, responsive, and positive work ethic with the highest degree of integrity.
What Will Set You Apart
- Architecture license.
- Experience using Procore project management software.
- Working knowledge of building codes and accessibility standards, as well as design techniques, tools and principles pertaining to technical plans, blueprints, drawings and models.
- Able to interpret and apply complex documents affecting real estate projects, including Entitlement documents, traffic studies, subcontractor agreements, leases, due diligence materials, title reports, ALTA surveys, and architectural drawings. Capable of reading, analyzing and interpreting technical procedures, government regulations and building codes.
- Experience on high-rise, multifamily, developer-led projects.
- Experience with design-build, IgCC or LEED projects.
- Experience in construction and/or construction observation/supervision and familiar with construction means, methods, and techniques.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive benefits and great perks make a huge difference; we get that, so you’ll get them too. Team Members receive a competitive 401k match, paid parental leave, paid time off, and a 100% company paid medical plan option. At Optima, we believe benefits should be meaningful and a part of what makes us great!
- Come as you are! At Optima we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members. Optima evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or other legally protected characteristics
Optima does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to Optima team members or the Optima people experience team. No placement fees will be paid to any 3rd party unless such a request has been made by the Optima people experience team.
Optima,IncWhy Work Here?
Awesome President and COO, "great people, I love coming to work everyday"
630 Vernon AveChicago, IL