Chief Executive Officer - Reidsville, GA
Optim Medical Center - Tattnall Reidsville, GA
- Posted: over a month ago
General Summary: As the top administrator in the hospital, the CEO plans, directs and oversees day-to-day operations of the hospital with the support of department managers, shared services managers, and system executives. Responsible for ensuring every aspect of how hospital performs is working effectively and efficiently, while also leading the in-market identification, development and execution of strategic mid-range and long-term goals. Collaborates with corporate and physician stakeholders to execute operating plans in concert with health system executive leadership and the Governing Board. Represents the hospital as point person dealing with key stakeholders including patients, physicians, business partners, regulatory agencies and the community. Leads the hospital in consistently achieving established objectives with respect to quality care, patient and physician satisfaction, and financial performance.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Directs hospital to consistently deliver exception patient care as measured by clinical outcomes, patient satisfaction, physician satisfaction and other internal and external indicators
- Directs the development and implementation of programs and policies for patient services, quality assurance/improvement, medical staff and other coordinated department activities; ensures goals and initiatives are established, monitored and achieved
- Ensures that the hospital maintains licensing, accreditation, certification and recognition through compliance with State, Federal and CMS regulations as well as policies, procedures and best practices of accrediting bodies and the hospital Governing Board and Medical Advisory Committee; personally performs all duties within regulations and policies
- Leads the hospital in having a just culture that supports the health system’s mission, driving principles, core values and partnership model of operations
- Selects, employs, motivates, retains and discharges supporting manager personnel to ensure seamless, effective and efficient operations of all hospital functions in collaboration with system HR, and pursuant to personnel policies and practices
- Engages community partners in representing the hospital in furtherance of its mission and related responsibilities
- Develops relationships with physicians throughout target market in furtherance of hospital’s strategy and goals
- Develops relationships with other hospitals and collaborates on coordinated care models in target markets
- Advises system leadership, Governing Board and Committees on clinical and other business policy formation; implements and enforces approved policies; reports on compliance with said policies and ensures correction action plans are complete
- Prepares an annual operating plan and corresponding budget which aligns the resources of the hospital with specific initiatives and actionable objectives to generate strong clinical and financial performance; continually evaluates and revises plan such that it reflects the evolving strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats affecting the hospital
- Causes development and maintenance plans to be prepared over physical facility, equipment and technology in support of the hospital’s short-term and long-range needs; ensures all such approved plans are executed on-time and within budget
- Leads identification, evaluation and development of new service lines or extensions of current services to support the overall mission of the hospital, including clinic locations, physician recruitment, professional service agreements, new technology and other offerings
- Supervises the business affairs of the hospital and actively monitors centralized support services to ensure that funds are collected and expended in the best interest of the organization
- Periodically reports to the Governing Board and/or its committee, and seeks approval and accepts accountability on requisite areas of oversight and management actions in directing the operating and financial affairs of the hospital
- Performs other duties that may be necessary or in the best interest of the hospital.
Professional and Performance Requirements:
- Contemporary working knowledge of ideas and developments in all phases of hospital and clinical administration
- Practical knowledge of core hospital and general business systems and applications, including automated technology platforms and manual methods
- Core strength in developing and maintaining effective relationships with medical and administrative staff, patients and the public
- Strong business acumen at a strategic level including clinical, operations and finance
- Self-motived to take initiative and drive decision-making with sound judgment; critical thinker with strong conceptual and advanced analytical problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated personal investment in developing strong skills around planning, organizing and supervising people and process
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with ability to tailor to target audience and be effective across different hierarchical levels, cultural groups, socioeconomic groups and other subgroups inside and outside the organization
- Ability to process multiple, complex tasks and use milestones to drive meeting deadlines and commitments
- Ability to develop, interpret and practically apply policies, procedures, systems and objectives
- Data driven with advances skills in dissecting large amounts of available data, interpreting the data, and then aligning focus on key operating metrics and critical decision-making information
- Effective in developing comprehensive, meaningful, and focused reports
- Current knowledge of regulatory requirements, including all state, federal and other regulations; understands practical methods to ensure compliance.
- Champions patient confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to manage personnel matters at the departmental level, utilizing central service HR support as appropriate
- Desire to lead through direct interaction with personnel and stakeholders; encourages interactive departmental meetings and discussions
- Uncompressing ethical credibility; champion for doing the right thing
- Passionate about clinical excellence and being of service as a leader
Other Requirements: None
Equipment Operated: Standard office equipment including computers, fax machines, copiers, printers, telephones, etc. Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
Work Environment: Position is based inside the hospital administrative area, which is a well-lighted office environment. Does require frequent and routine time spent in hospital patient-care and other operating areas. Top administrator of the hospital may require occasional evening and weekend work inside the hospital or at public events.
Mental/Physical Requirements: Involves sitting approximately 50 percent of the day, walking, bending, stretching, or standing the remainder. Requires poise and composure to manage a large organization and make decisions quickly and confidently. May require lifting up to 30 pounds.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in healthcare administration or related field required. Master’s Degree preferred. Healthcare specific degrees may be supplement or superseded by actual healthcare experience and other credentials.
Experience: Recent experience as an accomplished Administrator or CEO of a successful hospital required. Prior specific expertise in the clinical or financial operations of a for-profit hospital given preferred consideration.
- Competitive Wages
- Company Benefits
- Vacation, Personal Time Off, and Sick Leave
- Holiday Pay
- 401K Plan
Optim Medical Center - Tattnall
HealthcareView all jobs at Optim Medical Center - Tattnall