- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Is this you? An experienced Product Manager in the technology services field with a passion for market research, collaboration and customer service who wants to do amazing work and have fun along the way with a great community of people.
Are you looking for the opportunity to build out a product management function at a growing organization? This position represents the first true product management position at Opti9 and has tremendous growth potential for the right individual. Are you a self-starter who is committed to continuous learning and development? Do you thrive in an open and authentic environment? Are you ready to make decisions and own them?
Who are we? So glad you asked! Opti9 is a top hybrid cloud solutions provider. We’re committed to delivering industry-leading solutions to our customers based on their unique business needs. For those looking to the public cloud, we’re an AWS Advanced Consulting Partner and Certified Solution Provider focused on migration, optimization, transformation, and cloud-first application consulting. We also specialize in managed cloud, backup, and disaster recovery.
We have a fun, casual culture that embraces fresh ideas and innovation. We’re customer-driven and are looking for authentic and accountable team players to collaborate with us to reach our goals.
What would you do? The Product Manager is a new role at Opti9! We are looking for someone to help build this position from the ground up! You will also play a critical role in the regular development and operating cadence of Opti9.
This person will be responsible for developing productized service offering by identifying potential products; conducting market research; generating product requirements; determining specifications, production timetables, pricing, and time-integrated plans for product introduction; driving market analysis.
The Product Manager will be responsible for understanding and communicating the problems our customers and prospects are trying to solve. They will define requirements for solutions that are thorough and easily communicated and ensure. our products are viable and consumable by our customers.
What are the details?
- Determines customers’ needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements, appraising new product ideas and/or product or changes.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company’s product to competitors’ products.
- Provides source data for product line communications by collaborating with the marketing department to define product marketing communication objectives.
- Develops product market positioning by working with sales and marketing teams to develop product sales strategies and value propositions.
- Provides information by preparing short-term and long-term product sales strategies and special reports and analyses, answering questions and requests.
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineers and developers.
- Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, marketing, and operations.
- Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data, reviewing development and sales costs, volume, and service packaging.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning resources with operations, following up on work results, and progress reporting.
- Defines and maintains product team vision and supporting principles.
- Educates other teams regarding Product Management best practices and processes
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to the Opti9 culture and drives innovation.
What do you know?
General Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Product Manager or similar role
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products & services
- 3+ years of experience in a job in the technology services market
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA preferred)
- Technical background, with experience in private and public cloud computing
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Examples and at least one sample of an effective analysis, roadmap, or strategy document delivered
What do you get from us?
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Casual atmosphere
- Recognition Programs
- Group Volunteer Opportunities
- Healthy Rewards Program
- Option to be a remote position
- A great place to spend most of your time
Opti9 provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Powered by JazzHR
BusinessView all jobs at Opti9 Technologies