Help Desk Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Help Desk Technician’s role (Tier 1) is to provide remote phone support for business customers. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give over the phone person-to-person support.
- Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from help desk customers.
- Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform remote/guided fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Review and ensure timely delivery of technical reporting to customers.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
Formal Education & Certification
- IT related certification (Microsoft, Cisco, CompTIA) a plus but not required.
Knowledge & Experience
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware.
- Experience with Microsoft desktop and server operating systems.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
Opti-Vise ITWhy Work Here?
Small business with great opportunity to learn and grow.
127 W Main StEaton, OH
TechnologyView all jobs at Opti-Vise IT