The Opportunity Tree is committed to promoting the development of a society that fully embraces individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities through inclusion, advocacy, and opportunities.
The DTA DSP supports and assists Members with developmental disabilities in developing/enhancing basic living and other life skills, promoting independence and individual choice in a Day Training environment.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Implement specific programs for Members as outlined in the Person Centered Plan using creative and stimulating methods.
2. Encourage the Members we support to develop and maintain positive interpersonal skills.
3. Explain and demonstrate tasks of job/activity to individuals and assist them as necessary.
4. Assist in training individuals we support in community activities, appropriate tolerances, social behaviors, response patterns, etc.
5. Conduct time studies to determine productivity.
6. Drive The Opportunity Tree vehicles as needed, maintaining a clean driving record.
7. Assume responsibility for minor maintenance, security of assigned equipment and advise supervisor of needs.
8. Implement physician and therapist orders.
9. Assist in developing, implementing, documenting and monitoring of each individual programs for the Members.
10. Communicate progress and problems in a timely manner to the appropriate staff.
11. Perform daily job duties in a safe and healthy manner, including the use of proper techniques when lifting individuals, production/activity materials and completion of first aid/CPR as needed.
12. Maintain confidentiality of information regarding Members and The Opportunity Tree.
13. Compliant with attendance rules.
14. Promote and maintain a collaborative and respectful working environment and a line of communication with all stakeholders of The Opportunity Tree.
15. Comply and enforce the Policies, Procedures, and Regulations of The Opportunity Tree.
16. Other job duties as assigned.
Minimum of 18 years of age
1. Arizona driver license with Non-Restricted Motor Vehicle Record and compliance per the requirements of The Opportunity Tree insurance carrier.
2. Communicate in English; speech, write and read.
3. Experience: Preferred in the Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDD) field.
4. Education: High school diploma or GED.
5. Knowledge: Beginner MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, web browsing
Personal enthusiasm for participation in a non-profit organization, which provides services to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Positive attitude and ability to represent The Opportunity Tree effectively in the community. Ability to work collaboratively as a team member with Members, staff, families, funders and stakeholders.
Successful completion and maintain all required training which may include CPR, First Aid, and Prevention and Support.
Successfully meet AZ-DPS requirements for Fingerprint Clearance Card.
Reliable transportation and possible travel for The Opportunity Tree business.
1. Lift/carry/transfer minimum of 40 pounds.
2. Bend, kneel, and stoop.
3. Pushing or pulling of wheelchairs.
4. Reach/ reach overhead.
5. Walk/stand for extended periods.
6. Sit for extended periods.
7. Finger/hand/wrist dexterity to eye.
8. This position is considered a “safety sensitive” position.