* Company manufactures capital equipment. Ideal candidate will have experience managing a quality program related to machine design/ build manufacturing.
SUMMARY: Quality Manager in this position manages the initiatives of the design and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure that quality standards are met; costs are reduced; throughput is increased and drives continuous improvement of company processes and product quality. Individual in this position should be proficient with quality and continuous improvement tools, as well as quality management systems (ISO 9001). This individual should be a very motivated and driven individual that is able to work independently with minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Manages and acts as representative for quality issues, initiatives, and actions
- Manages and maintains activities for ISO 9001
- Manages and maintains effective corrective action program
- Manages internal quality audits to ensure quality standards
- Manages the development, implementation and maintenance of quality procedures and documentation
- Manages resolution of product quality issues through interaction with suppliers, sales, engineering, manufacturing, and customers
This job has no direct supervisory responsibility.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Knowledgeable about one or more company products
· Exhibits required in-depth quality knowledge and skills
· Understands, responds, and supports good customer/supplier relationships
· Strong in-depth knowledge of problem solving and course of action techniques
· Ability to understand and support complex customer needs and requests
· Ability to prioritize, coordinate, and think creatively/critically in high stress situations
· Ability to lead, work in, and foster team related activities
· Ability to influence others outside the work group
· Exhibits a sense of urgency regarding work assignments
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree required in Engineering or related quality field of study
Equivalent combination of training and 5-10 years of QA/QC Manager experience
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE continued
QA/QC Certification from ASQ
Six Sigma Training
Good verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to write procedures pertaining to QMS.
Proficient in algebra and geometry as is required to solve engineering problems.
SolidWorks experience in detailing and designing preferred.
Ability to read and interpret complex job specifications and prints
Ability to write effective reports
Proficiency in computer software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Quality Software systems
Opportunity Search Inc./ OSI Staffing Services Inc.