Business Development Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Opportunity International was founded in 1971 and exists to bring about a measure of justice, dignity and purpose for families living in poverty. We do this by supporting local finance institutions that provide innovative financial solutions to empower people, create small businesses and build vibrant communities.
We serve 12 million hardworking entrepreneurs in 28 countries around the world and have big plans for the world: a world without poverty where people can live with dignity and purpose. Our clients have ambitious dreams for their futures, but lack the opportunities needed to make those dreams a reality.
The Business Development (BD) Manager is responsible for assisting Opportunity achieve its public sector strategic growth objectives by leading key business development efforts. The BD Manager supports the pursuit of specific new business opportunities as proposal manager on opportunities of varying levels of complexity. In that role the BD Manager is responsible for leading capture planning, managing cross-organization proposal teams, guiding program design and strategy development, writing sections of proposals, and conducting quality assurance prior to proposal submission. The BD Manager is also a key contributor to developing and refining the BD strategy, developing BD collateral, and networking within the industry to contribute towards positioning the organization to partner with key donors and peer organizations.
Research and Pre-Positioning
- Lead capture activities, including conducting research, determining organizational advantage and potential win themes, analyzing competition, and identifying partners.
- Prepare pre-teaming and teaming agreements, memoranda of understanding, and other institutional agreements with partners.
- Analyze pre-solicitations and solicitations, developing proposal compliance matrices and other tools to prepare for proposal development.
- Lead proposal development efforts, serving as Proposal Manager.
- Lead proposal kickoffs, color team reviews and provide the final proposal compliance and quality assurance check.
- Devise program strategy development in cooperation with the SVP, Government Services, and technical staff.
- Utilize proposal outlines, compliance matrices, and proposal development worksheets to engage proposal team members in proposal development effort.
- Draft management, personnel, and past performance sections of proposals, as well as technical sections as needed, with input from relevant proposal team members, and incorporating agreed proposal strategy and win themes.
- Support the development of the budget strategy in partnership with the SVP, Government Services and Program Management cost proposal developers.
- Review and edit final proposals for appropriate tone, technical accuracy, practicality, and feasibility of approach.
- Ensure submission of complete, compliant, and competitive technical and cost proposals, ensuring all decisionmakers review and sign off prior to submission.
Team Oversight and organizational development
- Supervise junior BD staff on specific BD opportunities that require a team approach, and identify opportunities to coach junior staff for learning, growth, and development.
- Support the SVP, Government Services to articulate and refine the BD strategy.
- Contribute to the innovation and improvement of tools and resources for business development.
- Attend seminars, conferences, meetings, and other networking and learning opportunities to maintain current knowledge of industry trends, promote the organization and build business connections.
- Master’s degree (MA/MS) in International Relations, International Development, Public Policy or Administration, or in a relevant technical area/related discipline such as Finance, Agriculture, Economics.
- At least five years of public sector business development experience.
- Highly professional, positive, friendly demeanor with a commitment to customer service and working for a purpose-driven organization.
- Proactive problem solver with ability to manage priorities and workflow with minimal oversight
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent communication skills, including interpersonal, written, and oral. Excellent proofreading and grammar skills.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Box, mail merges, internet research and e-mail.
- Commitment to the mission of Opportunity Internaitonal.
- English fluency required
- Fluency in a second language such as French, Spanish, or Portuguese preferred.
- SVP, Government Services
- Business Development Specialist
- EVP, International Programs and Capital Solutions
- Program Technical teams (AgFinance, EduFinance, Digital Financial Services, Knowledge Management)
- Program Management team
- Frequent international travel required, up to 20% of time.
Powered by JazzHR
BusinessView all jobs at Opportunity International