Manager of Facilities and Fleet
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Thank you for looking at Opportunity Builders, Inc. (OBI) for a positive career change! OBI is looking for enthusiastic and caring people, who want to join a team dedicated in supporting youth and adults with disabilities to experience full inclusion in their communities as they learn, work, and pursue their paths to personal success. As one of the oldest disability service providers in Anne Arundel County, OBI has reinvented itself to remain one of the premier organizations in the area. This is achieved through a person-centered approach for the individuals we support and by building relationships within the community. Candidates wanting to join our exciting team may have the opportunity to participate in an amazing total rewards program, where full time employees receive 100% paid individual health benefits, along with a generous paid leave package and a cell phone stipend!
- The Manager of Facilities & Fleet is responsible for managing and coordinating all maintenance, custodial, grounds, and support services for OBI’s 41,000 square foot facility. This position is also responsible for oversight of OBI’s fleet of vehicles ensuring that all maintenance and repairs are scheduled and licensing is up to date.
Salary Range: $55,000 - $60,000 based on experience. Full benefit package with free medical insurance and over 4 weeks of paid leave included.
- Must consistently ensure a safe, clean and orderly operational facility in good repair, including all environmental and safety systems.
- Performs routine physical, mechanical/electrical repairs.
- Directly supervises housekeeping and maintenance staff, and performs janitorial and maintenance duties as needed.
- Prepares specifications for requisitions of equipment, tools, parts, supplies & controls spending according to budget.
- Receives proper approvals prior to entering into, or declining (verbally or in writing), any contract or negotiation on behalf of OBI.
- Oversees all construction, improvements, updates and repairs to facilities and vehicles.
- Implements preventative maintenance program for equipment, building and vehicles.
- Manages the security of the facilities, coordinating with vendors, tenants, and staff.
- Maintains accurate inventories of supplies and equipment according to department budget.
- Oversees system of dispensing supplies that leads to efficient but effective use of supplies and materials.
- Coordinates preparation for and management of inclement weather events, maintaining ongoing communication with CEO regarding accessibility of parking lot and vehicles to assist in safely planning service operations.
- Works closely with contractors to ensure optimal operation of boilers, pumps and blowers.
- Oversee proper utilization of chemicals and equipment in accordance with established OSHA regulations and electrical and plumbing codes.
- Ensure Safety Data Sheets (SDS) are maintained on all chemical substances in accordance with the Right to Know Act.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience in building maintenance or management.
- Demonstrated ability to carry out minor and routine repairs within the facility (drywall patching, painting, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of HVAC systems and auxiliary equipment including operation, maintenance, repair and controls.
- Comprehensive knowledge of building maintenance, practices and procedures including new installation, alteration, renovation and repair of building interior spaces.
- General knowledge of electrical installations, controls, repairs and trouble shooting and familiar with National Electrical Code Requirements.
- Basic knowledge of commercial housekeeping principles, practices, procedures and equipment.
- General knowledge of plumbing and ability to make basic repairs.
- General knowledge of hazardous substances and employee safety programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of individuals, including persons with disabilities.
- Driver’s license with no more than 3 points on driving record.
Physical requirements include but are not limited to frequent standing, walking, bending, stooping, reaching; occasional lifting, climbing, pushing, pulling. Be able to lift 50 lbs. and push/pull up to 100 lbs.
Opportunity Builders, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Powered by JazzHR
Real EstateView all jobs at Opportunity Builders