- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Supported Employment Specialist
Opportunities Unlimited is hiring full-time Supported Employment Specialists. Our human services agency provides one-on-one Job Development and Job Coaching support for adults with developmental disabilities.
Flexible work schedule. Minimum of 32 hours per week required. Initially, you will interview with potential clients to find a good match. Once you are placed with your clients, together, you can create a schedule that works for the both of you. You will need to be proactive and reach out to our clients and potential job sites to set-up meetings. Your work hours might be in the community, at job sites or in the clients home (this is not an office job). Current available work locations are in Multnomah, Clackamas, Columbia and Washington Counties. We are looking for someone to commit for at least a year. Being reliable, energetic, resourceful, engaging, creative, adaptable and proactive is imperative!
- MUST have prior Job Development and/or Job Coaching experience
- MUST be reliable, proactive and a self-starter with the ability to work independently!
- Excellent verbal & organizational skills
- High school diploma (college background preferred)
- CPR certificate (must have on first day working with clients)
- Ability to pass a criminal history check & drug screen
- Reliable transportation with clean driving record
- Computer savvy -- update and re-save MS Word documents. Search internet, scanning, printing, and sending email attachments.
- Ability to write very detailed progress reports at each visit with clients.
- Experience working with developmental disabilities preferred, but not required
- Must have a smart phone
- Must have experience with job development and job coaching.
- Must be state certified to provide job development and coaching (if you have experience in either job development or job coaching, but are not state certified, please do turn in your application. If you are the right fit for OU, we will put you through paid, state certified training)
- Commit to at least one year on the job
- Call, email and text clients to secure meet-up dates and times on a regular basis.
- Provide 1:1 supports to help clients obtain their employment goals: learning how to write resumes and cover letters, filling out employment applications, learning how to dress for interviews, interview/communication skills, finding employment (researching jobs online, stop by/call local businesses and speak with the hiring manager on behalf of our clients), job coaching (help clients learn all aspects of their job until natural supports are built and job retention has been met).
- Provide training and support to clients in a positive, respectful, and consistent manner: Re-directing, safety skills, provide cues and increase independence.
- Job entails driving to local businesses and speaking with hiring managers. Once the client is hired, the clients work shift then becomes the same shift of the Job Developer/Coach, until the client is self sufficient and independent at their job. This could be anywhere from 3 months up to 6+ months. Typical Job Coaching shifts for each client are anywhere from 3-6 hours, usually 2-3 times per week to begin with. Once client is independent at their job, the Job Coach continues to work with them long-term, with meet-ups/job check-ins happening 2-4 times per month.
- You will have multiple clients and be required to visit each job site as the clients work schedule allows.
- Utilize your computer to input data into documents to record visits.
- Calculate numbers of hours and dates for each month’s billing cycle.
- Attend all required trainings and meetings.
- Ability to follow legal requirements of The State of Oregon, ODDS and DHS.
Full-Time, Flexible Schedule, Medical, dental and vision available for fulltime staff, sick leave offered up to 40 hours/year, Simple IRA offered after one year on the job.
Pay is distributed on a monthly basis
Hours: approximately 32-40 per week.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $18.00 - $30.00 per hour
All employees and clients must wear a mask and follow social distancing guidelines, as provided by the CDC and the state of Oregon, while working with client's.
We walk in partnership with the person, and those who love him or her, toward a life of opportunity, independence. well-being, freedom, fulfillment and contribution.
Opportunities Unlimited, LLC Portland OregonWhy Work Here?
Great benefits and you get to create your own work schedule, all while making a difference in the community and in someone's life!
We follow the individual path and goals of each person we support. We accomplish this through respect, dignity, preferences, desired outcomes, needs and consideration for each persons unique gifts and talents! We walk in partnership with the person, and those who love him or her, toward a life of opportunity, independence. well-being, freedom, fulfillment and contribution.
7640 NE Airport Way PortlandPortland, OR