Direct Support Professional DSP
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
What we're looking for:
Opportunities Unlimited is hiring part-time and full-time Community Support Specialists. Our human services agency provides one-on-one supports for adults with developmental disabilities. We provide supports around community inclusion and activities of daily living: Organizing, cash handling/budgeting and grocery shopping, group outings, camping/beach trips, just to name a few.
Flexibility in work schedule and hours. Minimum of 20 hours per week required. Initially, you will interview with potential customers to find a good match. Once you are placed with your clients, together, you can create a work schedule that works for the both of you. You will need to be proactive and reach out to clients to make appointments to set-up meeting dates/times. Your work hours might be in the community or in the customer's home (this is not an office job). Current available work locations are in Multnomah, Clackamas, Columbia and Washington Counties. We are looking for someone to commit for at least a year. Being reliable, energetic, resourceful, adaptable and proactive is imperative!
- Must be reliable, proactive and a self-starter with the ability to work independently!
- Excellent verbal & organizational skills
- High school diploma (college background preferred)
- CPR certificate (must have on first day working with customers)
- Ability to pass a criminal history check & drug screen
- Reliable transportation with clean driving record
- Maintain vehicle insurance minimums set by OU policy
- Computer savvy -- update and re-save MS Word documents. Search Internet, scanning, printing, and sending email attachments.
- Ability to write detailed progress notes of visits with customers and submit via email attachments.
- Experience working with developmental disabilities, preferred, but not required
- Commit to one year on the job
100% of the job is working directly with the customer either in their home or in their community.
- Call, email, and/or text customers to secure meet-up dates and times on a regular basis.
- Provide 1:1 supports to help customers obtain their pre-set goals: ie learn to cook, housekeeping, cash handling, gain friendships, socialize, and/or get into the community/seek fun activities.
- Provide training and support to customers in a positive, respectful, and consistent manner: Re-directing, safety skills, provide cues, and increase independence.
- Utilize your computer to input data into Word documents to record visits.
- Calculate numbers of hours and miles for each month’s billing cycle.
- Attend all required trainings and meetings.
- Ability to follow legal requirements of The State of Oregon, DHS.
As a part of the team you'll enjoy:
- Medical Insurance
- Bonus Incentives
- Create your own schedule
- Mileage & Travel time reimbursement
- Short term disability
- Sick leave up to 40 hours per year
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Cancer coverage
- Life Insurance
$16.50-$18/hr. DOE for one on one attendant care
$20-$23/hr. for providing supports in a group setting
P/T or Full-Time, Flex Schedule, Health insurance Benefits after 90 days on the job, sick leave offered up to 40 hours/year, Simple IRA offered after one year on the job, mileage reimbursement when driving customers in your vehicle.
Pay is distributed on a monthly basis
Hours approximately 20-40 per week, this may fluctuate depending on customers contracted hours.
We follow all safety protocols as set by the State of Oregon and ODDS. Currently all staff and clients must wear a mask and social distance if in a group setting.
We walk in partnership with the person, and those who love him or her, toward a life of opportunity, independence. well-being, freedom, fulfillment and contribution.
Opportunities Unlimited, LLC Portland OregonWhy Work Here?
Great benefits and you get to create your own work schedule, all while making a difference in the community and in someone's life!
We follow the individual path and goals of each person we support. We accomplish this through respect, dignity, preferences, desired outcomes, needs and consideration for each persons unique gifts and talents! We walk in partnership with the person, and those who love him or her, toward a life of opportunity, independence. well-being, freedom, fulfillment and contribution.
7640 NE Airport Way PortlandSaint Helens, OR