Evergreen Eye Center ophthalmologists are trained at some of the top eye surgery programs in the nation. With a tradition of caring, competent service, we've developed a long-standing reputation of delivering cutting-edge eye care with a personal touch. Our doctors are among the leading eye care professionals nationwide, and our entire team is focused on providing patient centered care. We bring to you the most technologically superior care available in our supportive and attentive environment. We have 4 locations in Auburn, Burien, Seattle and Federal Way and offer a competitive benefit package to include Medical, Dental, 401K, Life Insurance, Short/Long Term Disability Insurance and Paid Time Off.
JOB SUMMARY:The surgical coordinator is responsible for assisting the patient with all aspects of pre-operative preparations in order to promote patient confidence in their medical care and to make the surgical experience as smooth as possible; acts as a liaison between the office, surgical facility, patient, primary care physician, and Shared Care doctor, as applicable.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent; some college preferred.
- Two years experience in a surgical specialty practice, ophthalmology preferred.
- MA-R certification or higher (can be obtained post-hire)
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organization with attention to detail.
- Analytical problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Demonstrates computer literacy.
- Capable of meeting patient surgical scheduling volumes as established by the lead surgical coordinator.
- Good attitude, professionalism, promote team cohesion.
- Supports management and leadership.