OCB's Billing Department has a great opportunity available for a full-time (37.5 hours per week) Medical Billing Representative. Our billing department is fast paced with a high volume of medical claims. We are willing to train the right candidate for this role.
This position is responsible for the timely resolution of unpaid medical claims, with duties including A/R follow-up, claim appeals and verification of patient eligibility for surgical precertification.
Additional duties include:
- Identifying problems and proposing effective solutions
- Providing a high level of customer service over the phone, addressing patient inquiries
- Working diligently to obtain and resolve referral issues for patient accounts
- Solid customer service skills
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbal and written
- Basic understanding of medical terminology, ICD 10 and CPT codes is helpful
- Experience working with Epic systems is a plus
- Experience working in a third party medical billing department is a plus
Typical Physical Demands:
Requires sitting for long periods of time in an office environment. Some bending and stretching required. Working under stress and time constraints, and use of telephone required. Manual dexterity required for use of calculator and computer keyboard. Speech and hearing in normal range for telephone use.
OCB offers industry leading benefits including the 401(k) and great medical and dental benefits. To find out more about OCB, please visit our website at www.eyeboston.com
OCB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.