Operations Manager/ Chief Plant Operator
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
LOCATION: Amador County, CA
POSITION: Operations Manager/ Chief Plant Operator
CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED: Valid Grade IV/V Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Certificate issued by SWRCB
JOB SUMMARY: Reporting directly to the Director of Operations, the Operations Manager/Chief Plant Operator has full responsibility for the successful operation and maintenance of the assigned facility(s). The prospective Operations Manager/CPO will manage the operation and maintenance of an advanced water treatment facility that is permitted for indirect potable reuse (IPR). The ideal candidate shall be knowledgeable and experienced in the operation and maintenance of advanced treatment processes such as membrane bioreactor (MBR), reverse osmosis (RO), and ultraviolet-advanced oxidation process (UVAOP).
SCHEDULE: TBD Based off company needs. Must be able to work standby, holidays, weekends and overtime as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Current California Grade IV or V Water or Wastewater Certification required
- 5 years of previous experience in a similar position
- Management experience required
- Valid CA driver’s license
- Degree a plus but not required
- Operate and manage the assets of assigned facilities, associated personnel and clients
- Supervise and manage operation & maintenance personnel including significant responsibility for training, performance evaluations, mentoring etc.
- Manages implementation and ongoing utilization of the Computerized Maintenance
- Management System (CMMS) for tracking Asset Management
- Interact with regulatory agencies and clients
- Analyze and resolve problems with process and/or equipment
- Review lab tests and interpret data
- Perform equipment operation and maintenance
- Work nights & weekends if necessary to maintain facility compliance
- Create and distribute client and operating data reports
- Prepare and coordinate regulatory data as required by client
- Maintain compliance with regulatory permits
- Oversee and perform process adjustments to maintain treatment process compliance
- Perform other duties and participate in the operation of other facilities on limited basis as needed
- Client Interface including attending monthly operations meetings
- Prepare Monthly Operations Reports to client
- Manage Capital Replacement projects specific to assigned facilities
- Promote and adhere to company’s written corporate Safety program
- Maintain acceptable attendance per company’s standards
- All other duties assigned by supervisor
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Employee frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Employee must regularly lift and or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds
Operational Technical Services
AddressAmador County, CA
Get fresh Chief Plant Operator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.