Leading and growing non-profit veteran organization is looking for an Accountant to join our team! You will be responsible for preparing and analyzing financial records for our company under the supervision and direction of the Chief Financial Officer. This is a great opportunity for a recent accounting degree graduate or someone with a few years experience.
- Prepare and examine accounting records, financial statements, taxes, and other financial reports
- Develop and analyze reporting for business operations and budgets
- Perform audits, ensuring adherence to standard requirements
- Create new processes to improve financial efficiency
- Report analysis and findings to management team
- Previous experience in accounting or other related fields
- Fundamental knowledge of GAAP
- Experience with current computer accounting programs and reporting tools
- Detail and deadline-oriented
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Quickbooks online
Veterans or Veteran family members are highly encouraged to apply.
OSDRI works hand in hand with almost every major state and federal agency as well as community organizations and employers to provide seamless referrals to outside sources of assistance.
Operation Stand Down Rhode Island
Why Work Here?Founded in 1993, Operation Stand Down Rhode Island (OSDRI) is an independent 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and Rhode Island’s primary nonprofit resource for in need veterans. OSDRI offers a wide range of life-changing services including supportive permanent and transitional housing, intensive case management, basic human needs assistance (for example, food and clothing), legal services and employment training. OSDRI works hand in hand with almost every major state and federal agency as well as community organizations and employers to provide seamless referrals to outside sources of assistance.
Awesome collegiate atmosphere, rewarding work, ability to make a real difference in the lives of others