- Posted: over a month ago
Founded in 2002, Operation Homefront is a national nonprofit organization whose mission is to build strong, stable, and secure military families so they can thrive, not simply struggle to get by, in the communities they have worked so hard to protect. Operation Homefront is sourcing candidates for an Area Manager position in Sterling, VA.
The Area Manager is responsible for managing and developing assigned personnel, fundraising, and directing programs and community events in support of operations within a designated multi-state area. This position is part of Operation Homefront Region 4, which oversees programming throughout Maryland, West Virginia, District of Columbia and Virginia—occasional travel is required. The Area Manager will fund, plan, coordinate, organize, and oversee program implementation and evaluation; assess the needs of the local community and develop programs to meet those needs; coordinate outreach events to military families and units; create community and corporate relationships and maintain a database of all community
Desired candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nonprofit Management, Project Management, Public Relations, Communications, Business Administration, or related field preferred. Master’s Degree a plus
- 3 years of experience in nonprofit event coordination and with social service programs preferred
- Experience with military families and programs preferred
- Ability to pass criminal background check and MVR (annual)
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience with MS Office Programs, SharePoint, VolunteerHub, Raiser’s Edge preferred
Primary job duties include:
- Leading all assigned personnel, planning and coordinating all development, program, and community activities within an assigned area of responsibility
- In coordination with the Development Team, researching funding opportunities, compiling donor information, and assisting with grant writing and applications to gain sponsorship and donations
- Supervising all assigned personnel, including volunteers, managing development and performance reviews for staff
- Ensuring accurate recordkeeping in accordance with Operation Homefront’s Standard Operating Procedures
- Developing and growing community relationships with clients, service providers, volunteers, military organizations or representatives, and all posts, armories, and bases in the area
- Conducting social media outreach coordinating media relations with field operations and public relations for program special events
- Scheduling visits to service organizations, military hospitals, VA hospitals, military bases, posts, and armories to share information about the services available
- Organizing and maintaining volunteer program, assignments, recruitment, training, and retention
- Performing other duties as assigned.
This will be a hybrid position with the ability to perform duties from a home office if desired; however, event support and periodic office meetings would require some travel. The perfect candidate would reside in Northern VA, Southern MD or the greater Washington DC metro area, but candidates from any location will be considered.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day. The candidate selected for employment will be required to submit to a criminal background check, motor vehicle record check, and education verification.
BusinessView all jobs at Operation Homefront