- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Founded in 2002, Operation Homefront is a national nonprofit organization whose mission is to build strong, stable, and secure military families so they can thrive, not simply struggle to get by, in the communities they have worked so hard to protect. Operation Homefront is sourcing candidates for an Area Manager position in Colorado Springs, CO.
The Area Manager’s primary responsibility is to manage assigned personnel and direct programs and community events supporting Operation Homefront operations within a designated multi-state area. This position plans, coordinates, organizes, and oversees program implementation and evaluation, assesses the needs of the local community, and develops the programs to meet those needs. The Area Manager creates community and corporate relationships and maintains a database of all community contacts, and coordinates outreach events to military families and units. The Area Manager will be expected to travel and engage with the media, including interviews and on camera.
Desired candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nonprofit Management, Project Management, Public Relations, Communications, Business Administration, or related field preferred. Master’s Degree a plus
- 3 years of experience in nonprofit event coordination and with social service programs preferred
- Experience with military families and programs preferred
- Ability to pass criminal background check and MVR (annual)
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience with MS Office Programs, SharePoint, VolunteerHub, Raiser’s Edge preferred
Primary job duties include:
- Researching funding opportunities, compiling donor information, and assisting with grant writing and applications to gain sponsorship and donations, in coordination with Senior Regional Director and Development Team
- Planning and coordinating all program and community activities within assigned area of responsibility, benefiting military family support services in the community; supporting and leading all assigned personnel in their program delivery
- Supervising all assigned personnel, including volunteers, managing development and performance reviews for staff
- Cultivating assigned pipeline of donors and creating new donor relationships, including with corporate partners, foundations, third party event organizers, and individual donors
- Ensuring accurate recordkeeping for all programs and events, as well as inventory and in-kind donations, in accordance with Operation Homefront’s Standard Operating Procedures and related manuals/ guides
- Developing and growing community relationships with clients, service providers, volunteers, military organizations or representatives, and all posts, armories, and bases in the area
- Organizing and maintaining volunteer program; coordinating local volunteer assignments, recruitment, training, support/supervision, and retention, and building opportunities for volunteer leadership positions
- Performing other duties as assigned.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day. The candidate selected for employment will be required to submit to a criminal background check, motor vehicle record check, and education verification.
AddressColorado Springs, CO
BusinessView all jobs at Operation Homefront