Supply Chain Buyer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Responsible for the planning and procurement of raw materials, MRO, services and facility requirements. Effectively manage inventory levels to meet production plans and operational requirements while achieving established financial targets. Support all procurement focused strategic initiatives.
Principal Accountabilities: (The job’s essential or most important functions and responsibilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
• Maintain and promote Company Values and Behaviors at all times.
• Execute MRP and review exception lists as required.
• Utilize formal planning tools to make informed, data driven purchasing decisions.
• Develop and manage appropriate inventory levels (weeks-on-hand and dollars) to maintain customer service targets.
• Set and maintain raw material safety stock, re-order points, MOQ, lead time and delivery frequencies.
• Implement lean practices such as JIT, Kanban, etc.
• Create purchase orders for raw materials, MRO, services, etc.
• Coordinate outside services processing schedules.
• Work directly with supply chain planners & manufacturing on any potential material delays, supplier disruptions, inventory discrepancies, etc.
• Manage product stewardship efforts for assigned categories.
• Be conversant with suppliers, answer basic questions and know when to elevate questions or concerns to Quality and Engineering by developing expertise in assigned categories and business units.
• Manage supplier performance by:
o Issuing supplier corrective actions and drive to resolution. Provide key suppliers with monthly rolling forecasts. Collaborating directly with suppliers on purchasing initiatives, process improvement, and relationship building. Developing supplier scorecards, reports and supply chain KPIs.
(In addition to all Supply Chain Buyer accountabilities listed above):
• Negotiate and manage terms and pricing of contracts and service level agreements.
• Lead projects to onboard new suppliers to meet overall company objectives.
• Support management with risk assessments and mitigation activities.
• Perform cost and make-buy analyses.
• Lead Supply Chain kaizen and continuous improvement events.
• Represent Procurement on enterprise-level projects and initiatives as a SME.
• Develop standard work instructions for Procurement team.
• Mentor and train Supply Chain associates.
• Lead procurement efforts related to capital equipment purchases.
• Support New Product Introduction projects, including: direct and indirect purchases; supply chain development
• Support merger and acquisition activities, including Procurement integration and standardization.
Education and/or Relative Experience: (The level of education and/or experience needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.)(Also show level of education needed for Career Progression)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or equivalent experience
• 1-2 years related procurement/supply chain experience (Supply Chain Buyer)
• 5-7 years related procurement/supply chain experience (Senior Supply Chain Buyer)
• Strong Excel and analytical skills
• Strong negotiation skills and ability to influence
• Contract management experience preferred
• Experience with JD Edwards E1 ERP environment a plus
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations (The licenses, certificates or registrations that are required to perform the essential duties of this job.)
• APICS certification preferred
• Purchasing and/or Procurement certification preferred
• Lean certification preferred
Operation Front and Center
Get fresh RAW Material Planner jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.