Data Entry/Administrative Assistant
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Operating Engineers Local 324 Fringe Benefit Funds, the benefits office for the union of heavy equipment operators, heavy equipment technicians and stationary engineers in Michigan, is hiring a Data Entry/Administrative Assistant in its Bloomfield Township headquarters.
Operating Engineers Local 324 Fringe Benefit Funds processes the hourly fringe benefit contributions on behalf of the over 14,000 members of the International Union of Operating Engineers Local 324 across the state of Michigan. The members’ health care, pension, annuity accounts, vacation pay depend on the proper payment and processing of these funds. We ensure that the benefits due to these participants are received on their behalf in a timely manner.
The current opening will be heavy on data entry for the first 6-12 months, then transitioning to more of an administrative role. This is an opportunity to work in a smaller office environment in support of a larger organization. This position offers excellent benefits. Full family health care and retirement offerings are fully funded by the employer (no deductions from your paycheck).
The Operating Engineers Local 324 represents heavy equipment operators and building engineers in the state of Michigan. Road builders, crane operators, boiler operators, mechanics, pipe line builders and many other classifications are represented by collective bargaining agreements negotiated by Local 324. As employees of the Fringe Benefit Funds, we collect and process the fringe benefits as outlined in these agreements. Online at www.iuoe324.org
· Data entry
· Processing of fringe benefit contributions
· Maintaining participant records
· Office tasks such as mail opening, sorting and filing
· Answering of phones to assist fund participants with questions or needs regarding their fringe benefits (health care, pension, employer contributions, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Customer service and empathetic attitude
· Strong interpersonal skills a must
· Basic understanding of contracts
· Skills at writing including grammatical proficiencies
· Organizational skills
· Proficiency with web-portals
· Proficiency with word processing software including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
· Technology savvy
· Collaborative problem-solving and analytical abilities
· Ability to multi-task
· Ability to take detailed notes
· Ability to work on deadline
Education and Experience:
· At least two years clerical experience
· Some post-secondary education preferred
· Starting salary: Competitive
· Excellent individual and family health benefits (completely employer funded)
· Employer-funded defined benefit pension plan
· Employer-funded defined contribution retirement plan
· Paid vacation and personal time off
Job Type: In office, full-time. Hours 7:30 – 4:30 M-F (one hour lunch within)
Operating Engineers Fringe Benefit Funds
550 Hulet DrBloomfield Hills, MI
Get fresh Entry Level Operating Engineer Union jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.