OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world's leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating more than 26 million diners per month via online reservations across more than 47,000 restaurants. The OpenTable network connects restaurants and diners, helping diners discover and book the perfect table and helping restaurants deliver personalized hospitality to keep guests coming back. The OpenTable service enables diners to see which restaurants have available tables, select a restaurant based on verified diner reviews, menus, and other useful information, and easily book a reservation. In addition to the company's website and mobile apps, OpenTable powers online reservations for nearly 600 partners, including many of the Internet's most popular global and local brands. For restaurants, the OpenTable hospitality solutions enable them to run their reservation book, streamline their operations, and improve their service levels. Since its inception in 1998, OpenTable has seated over 1.7 billion diners around the world. OpenTable is headquartered in San Francisco and has bookable restaurants in more than 20 countries, including Australia, Canada, Germany, Ireland, Japan, Mexico, the Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom and the United States. Restaurants are available for reservations in Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, and Spanish languages.
About Our Role
Reporting to the District Director of region, the Account Executive is responsible for bringing new restaurants onto our dining network through a consultative sales approach and assumes responsibility for the restaurant relationship after the sale and installation is completed. S/he is charged with maintaining a high customer retention rate by maximizing customer satisfaction and driving deep utilization of OpenTable services.
You will actively engage in face-to-face meetings with decision makers to consultatively sell and deliver business reviews, provide training and education related to demonstrating OpenTable software and online marketing exposure. The position will serve as trusted adviser and primary point of contact for customer concern resolution for their respective portfolio. As an expert of your respective territory, you will gather feedback from restaurants to drive feature and functionality requirements for product upgrades and will assist management in devising customer success plans and strategies specific to assigned territory. You should anticipate 30-50% travel depending on the local market.
OpenTable's Sales and Services team is dedicated to maximizing restaurants' revenue potential by utilizing best in brand front-of-house management and online reservation technology. We are looking for sales and account management professionals who are passionate about the restaurant industry and want to feel good about the products they sell and represent. This is high-adrenaline; client-facing sales role requires deep industry expertise, demonstrated sales ability with a particular penchant for closing deals and developing relationships with our current customers and a broad base of industry contacts.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual will need to be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
- Target, identify, and sell OpenTable products to restaurants according to sales forecast
- Develop and execute on a strategic plan for the territory and create reliable forecasts
- Consistently meet and exceed monthly and quarterly revenue acquisition and retention goals
- Strategically overcome objections and competition
- Handle and maintain high-retention with current clients
- Provide solutions to current clients in an assigned geographic area to achieve/exceed assigned revenue and retention objectives
- Nurture and build upon existing high-level relationships to serve as a trusted adviser to your market's client base
- Provide customized product and service presentations (both in person and on line) to prospects and existing customers to determine solution needs and drive revenue
- Educate restaurant about trends in the industry and offer unique insight
- Encourage customers to think differently about their business and in ways that will help both parties achieve success
- Provide follow-up with customers to ensure customer satisfaction with solutions. Maintain communication records & prepare productivity reports as required
- Provide accurate documentation and feedback through wins/losses, forecasts/pipeline, references & company's account management systems (including Salesforce)
- Remain knowledgeable of, and adapt to, company's solutions to facilitate sales and restaurant relations efforts
- Serves as a liaison between clients and appropriate company departments to resolve customer issues such as accounts receivable
- Demonstrate skills and client' experience to continually evolve sales and relationship management approach and processes
- Listen to needs of the market and share this feedback with Product and Marketing teams
- Assist National Account Manager and Inside Sales Rep on the team as needed
Consultative Sales Approach: Builds rapport and establishes trust, asks questions to discover client business needs, applies product and market knowledge effectively, presents solutions that meet customer objectives, and documents sales process.
Judgment: Displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, supports and explains reasoning for decisions, includes appropriate people in decision-making process, makes timely decision.
Negotiation skills: Clarifies interests and positions of all parties, adjusts tactics to achieve desired results, handles conflict, manipulation and strong emotions, develops alternative options for mutual gain, builds consensus through give and take.
To succeed in this role you will need to meet the minimum qualifications. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
- 3+ years outside sales, account management or equivalent experience in a restaurant environment
- Consistent track record of consultative selling and/or account management
- Deep knowledge of restaurant operations
- College degree preferred
Other Skills and Abilities
- Experience using Salesforce of equivalent CRM solution
- PC and various software applications (including proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and online meeting solutions)
- OpenTable software; GuestCenter and ResPAK and/or Guest Bridge experience a plus
- Competitive, tenacious and results driven
- Self-motivated with a history of performing well under pressure and against bold goals and deadlines
- Skilled at presenting new perspectives to customers that re-frame and challenge the way they view their business
- Extraordinary ability to drive business value during client interactions
- Keenly tracks economic and industry drivers and understands its implications on the restaurant business, including identifying new business opportunities
- Ability to demonstrate industry knowledge to discuss restaurant issues with client from multiple dimensions
- Excellent knowledge of company's products, software pricing practices and negotiating skills
- Excellent communication, listening, influencing and training skills
- Demonstrated client service bias
- Ability to work across many departments to solve problems and achieve results
- Demonstrated success building and maintaining business/customer relationships
- Aptitude for gathering and using data to inform and persuade others to make business decisions
- Ability to develop compelling strategies that deliver results
- Excellent organization, documentation and time management skills
- Attention to detail in administrative responsibilities
- Capacity to grasp and learn complex concepts quickly and independently
- Demonstrated success working in an unstructured and entrepreneurial environment
- Professional appearance and presentation required
- Opportunities to advance/grow sales career
- Access to top chefs and restaurateurs in your market
- Comprehensive sales training at an individual, regional, and corporate l