OpenSpace San Francisco, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
At OpenSpace, we use the latest in computer vision and AI to build easy-to-use products for everyone whose job depends on managing the real, physical world - specifically those in construction and real estate development. We love our users and want to make their lives easier - and it helps that they represent the largest market on earth.
Our solutions combine consumer 360 degree cameras, computer vision, and AI to make it incredibly easy to capture a complete visual record of a jobsite, share it via the cloud with remote teams, and process that data for insights. To date our customers have used our platform to capture over four billion square feet of active construction projects, across thousands of sites, in dozens of countries.
We are rapidly growing and well-funded ($82M+ raised to date from Lux Capital, Menlo Ventures, Alkeon Capital and others). Our team combines people with experience in construction with the best AI PhDs and engineers out there. Our core product has powered our growth, and the company has now launched analytics products that sit on top of that data and automate labor-intensive, low-trust, cash-critical workflows.
The company operates remotely. We maintain a working and meeting space in San Francisco.
OpenSpace's core product is loved by its users, and we see this in the engagement data (and revenue). We are looking for a strategic Finance Manager to partner with internal and external stakeholders to develop business plans, analyze performance, and communicate results. The role requires exceptional financial modeling skills, commercial acumen and the ability to empathize with operators across the company. More than anything we are looking for someone with the drive to make bold plans and then carry them to completion. This role will report to the Director of Finance.
- Act as a key finance partner to our management team, and develop the strategic, operating, and financial plan required to achieve OpenSpace's growth vision
- Standardize and streamline reporting solutions to drive effective decision making - dashboards, reporting templates, and data infrastructure
- Create short and long term financial models from scratch capable of evaluating multiple degrees of ambiguity
- Define and implement KPIs to provide insight into business and technical performance
- Communicate financial analysis and recommendations across the organization including to OpenSpace's board and management team
- Define the long-term organizational strategy, aligned with OpenSpace's capabilities and ambitions (e.g., multi-year business plan, product strategies, new business cases)
- Support OpenSpace's fundraising efforts through investor due diligence
- Partner closely with the accounting function to ensure that plans and forecasts are aligned with operations and actuals
- Build the FP&A function by hiring, training, and managing junior staff
- Lead budgeting and budget performance reviews
Required skills and abilities
- 5+ years progressive and relevant experience
- BS in Finance, Accounting, or related field or applicable years of experience
- Advanced proficiency with Excel
- Experience with modeling software (e.g. Planful, Cube, Anaplan)
- Experience with creating and communicating materials for investor diligence
- Demonstrated ability in defining and monitoring corporate strategy
- Demonstrated ability to learn new topics quickly and apply learnings to create measurable positive outcomes
- Deep experience in software and recurring revenue business models in venture-backed international companies
- CFA, CPA, strategy focused MBA or equivalent experience
- Tableau or other BI software experience
- SQL experience
Why you should work with us
- We'll trust you to do things right
- You will be supported and set up to succeed
- You'll feel satisfied that you're creating something that people love alongside a great team
- We are growing fast
- We live by our values of: simplify everything, expect excellence from each other, done is better than perfect, and don't take yourself too seriously
- We are working on something awesome! Join us!
About the founders
Our three founders are successful repeat entrepreneurs and longtime friends from their grad school days at MIT. Jeevan Kalanithi, the CEO, sold his first company, Sifteo, to 3D Robotics, where he became the President. Among other things, 3D Robotics, a 200+ person company, launched a drone which made $45M in its first year and a construction technology tool called Site Scan, built in partnership with Autodesk. Philip DeCamp, our CTO, was most recently a machine vision Research Scientist at MIT, where he completed his PhD (and Masters, and BS). His work has been featured in one the most popular TED talks of all time. Michael Fleischman, Chief Scientist, started a company, Bluefin Labs, which specialized in analysis of massive amounts of video; Bluefin became one of Twitter's largest acquisitions. Michael's PhD is also in machine vision from MIT.
OpenSpace is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
AddressSan Francisco, CA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at OpenSpace