OpenSky Policy Institute Lincoln, NE
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you someone who naturally possesses the vision to drive big picture change and growth but also will tend to the details or process necessary to attain those goals? Would you say that you are a very self-sufficient person comfortable when asked to lead projects or teams while keeping people inspired at work? Are you serious and direct and do you hold yourself and others to high standards?
Position Summary: OpenSky Policy Institute is seeking a visionary and energetic leader with strong understanding of the policy-making process to lead this high-profile public policy organization. The position requires strong analytic skills, self-motivation and the ability to manage and inspire staff, and to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences. The executive director will be responsible for the administration of the organization including collaboration with the board of directors, financial management, and administering the fund development plan.
Essential Job Functions
- Collaborate with the Staff and Board of Directors to establish and implement strategic direction and the annual work plan.
- Ensure that the organization continuously improves its policies and practices in a manner consistent with commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of internal operations and public-facing work.
- Fund Development and fiduciary oversight of the budget.
- Be the lead spokesperson for the organization.
- Promote issues to audiences, elected officials, and the media.
- Continuously uplift community organizations and voices.
- Assist the Board of Directors and its committees to continually review and strengthen the organization.
- Create a collaborative team environment by inspiring staff through leadership abilities.
- Ensure sound financial planning and management to keep effective stewardship of funds.
- Grow and diversify revenue streams.
- Cultivate and steward relationships with members of the organization, legislature and staff, and other key policymakers.
- Develop strategies and innovative ways to deliver research and analyses so that it is clear, compelling, and persuasive.
- Passion for the organization’s mission with a wide range of skills to lead the organization.
- Demonstrated evidence of initiating and implementing organizational change and maintaining operational excellence to achieve stated goals.
- Excellent interpersonal/social skills.
- Organizational, time management, and task prioritization skills.
- Desired characteristics: ethical, honest, dedicated, loyal, congenial, resourceful, intellectually curious, efficient, reliable, flexible, accountable, open to feedback, respectful and supportive of others.
- Experience with nonprofit management, lobbying and public policy work:
- Fund development, grant seeking or grant management, and cultivating/ soliciting individual and institutional donors.
- Proven record of collaboration with a Board of Directors, engaging with leveraging the board to advance strategic imperatives and fundraising.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or comparable knowledge and skills, required.
- Master’s degree or higher in Economics, Public Policy, Law, Social Work, or a related field, preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to indoor conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
OpenSky Policy Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and welcomes diversity in the workplace and strongly encourages all qualified persons to apply regardless of race, creed, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, religious or political affiliation, disability, and any other classification considered discriminatory under applicable law.
OpenSky Policy Institute
EducationView all jobs at OpenSky Policy Institute