The Customer Marketing and PR Manager will develop and deliver innovative customer marketing and public relations programs and promotions to drive positive sales results and awareness for OpenSesame. This position is responsible for planning and execution of short and long term customer marketing programs; executed through social, online, and other campaigns as well as OpenSesame's public relations strategy.
Reporting to the Manager, Marketing, the role will be responsible for co-owning OpenSesame marketing and sales objectives together with Sales and Customer Success teams. With a strong focus on upsell demand and lead generation activities, this position contributes directly to the success of OpenSesame.
- Work with Manager, Marketing to develop annual and quarterly customer marketing plans as well as annual PR plan.
- Create and execute innovative marketing plans and promotions for OpenSesame to drive retention, renewal and upsell revenue from our existing customer base. Propose objectives, strategies and program priorities.
- Develop and deliver sales tools and marketing materials needed by Customer Success and upsell Sales team to convert leads to closed sales.
- Develop annual PR plan to drive increased market awareness and media coverage for OpenSesame.
- Position OpenSesame in media as thought leader and secure awards and recognition by industry leaders.
- Track results and perform ROI analysis on customer marketing and PR initiatives to ensure programs are effective and lessons learned are captured.
- Deliver and be accountable for detailed plans and timelines.
- Drive customer marketing and PR plans across internal teams; serving as overall project manager.
- Document, and maintain regular, repeatable and scalable customer marketing and PR processes.
- Work with team on identifying obstacles and removing them.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2-4 years marketing experience, preferably in the software industry.
- Understanding of customer marketing with experience creating and implementing effective programs and promotions.
- Understanding of public relations and experience writing and distributing press releases, earning media coverage and industry recognition.
- Strong project management skills to ensure plans are being executed on time.
- Able to deliver messaging effectively. Able to develop and clearly articulate and gain buy-in for marketing plans, then lead cross-functional team to execute with impact and on-strategy.
- Great cross-functional communication and teamwork.
- Able to function effectively in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment, managing several different initiatives simultaneously.
- Possess a people oriented, friendly can-do attitude
- Ability to work independently as well as ability to work as a team player in a team environment
- A desire to constantly develop new skills
- Strong work ethic (punctuality, professionalism, pride and desire for success)
- Permanent legal right to work within the United States
- Bachelor's Degree.