Position Overview: EAGLE Phoenix South is seeking a passionate and collaborative Kindergarten Teacher to support dramatic student achievement and growth for all students in their classroom. Our scholars and are held to very high expectations regarding both academic achievement and character development. Achieving these high standards requires a commitment to loving our students, an unyielding belief that all children can and must succeed, and a passion for developing the character of a serving leader in every child.
- Hold students to academic and behavioral standards while also creating a fun and loving environment.
- Take personal responsibility for the academic outcomes of every student.
- Support a positive, achievement-oriented and structured learning environment so that students are excited about and invested in pursuing academic excellence.
- Implement lessons, assessments, and character education as designed by the lead teacher.
- Support students through one-on-one tutoring or small group instruction, implementing remediation or acceleration with guidance from the lead teacher.
- Assist teacher in maintaining on-task behavior in the classroom by consistently complimenting, checking for understanding and refocusing students.
- Support students on educational technology – helping with log in and computer usage, reinforcing procedures, answering questions and monitoring student activity.
- Provide assistance in lesson preparation (making copies, gathering materials, passing out supplies, etc.)
- Track and maintain up-to-date records of student academic achievement, behavior, attendance, homework, and assessments.
- Build rapport with students, parents, and families so they understand unambiguously that the school loves them.
- Monitor students during lunch, recess, arrival and dismissal.
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited College or University.
- Prior experience working with Kindergarten or lower elementary students is preferred
- Arizona Teaching License OR Certificate
Compensation: This is a salaried full time position, all full time employees receive a competitive benefit and salary package.
Start Date: Immediately