Open Sky Community Services is a human service agency that provides counseling services and treatment options to people facing challenges. This program serves 4 women ranging from young adult to older adult. The women may have challenge related to physical limitations and/or related to aging.
Open Sky Community Services agency provides excellent supervision (both individual and group), opportunities for advancement, generous time off and a competitive benefits package. Our agency is an eligible employer for the Public Student Loan Forgiveness Program and provides tuition reimbursement for continuing education, as well as full reimbursement for CNA certifications and a variety of Human Service certifications.
The Residential Counselor supports individuals with a developmental disability live as independently as possible, while providing guidance and performing various levels of assisted daily living skills. Counselors act as strong advocates for individuals served, believe in the power of community and importance of community integration.
In additon, Residential Counselors will:
- Assist in developing individualized service plans and play a lead role in the daily implementation plans.
- Implement all procedures that ensure the health, safety, and well-being of individuals and general cleanliness and safety of the physical site.
- Assist individuals to access and/or provide transportation.
- Review and complete all required documentation.
- Specialized responsibilities as needed, including personal care and/or lifting.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Human Services/Social Services related field preferred or experience working with adults with disabilities.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED/HiSET.
- Valid driver's license and reliable vehicle.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite, including Word.
- CPR, First Aid, MAP (Medication Administration Program) and SOLVE (Strategies of Limiting Violent Episodes) certified or certifiable. Open Sky Community Services provides all required trainings.