Location: Kansas City, MO (2000 Central St.)
Benefits Offered: Retirement, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401k
Employment Type: Full Time
This employment opportunity represents an exciting, entrepreneurial experience as an Amazon Marketplace Specialist for Open Road Brands LLC (“ORB”). ORB is dynamic, fast paced company that designs, manufactures and sells decorative home products through major retail chains. We have many top Fortune 500 companies as our brand partners.
Amazon Marketplace Specialist
We are building a world class eCommerce Team and are seeking an experienced Amazon Marketplace Specialist who will be responsible for the Amazon account including the day to day execution strategy for the US market. The Amazon Sales Specialist is responsible for collaborating with cross-functional partners to manage all aspects of the Amazon account including planning, content strategy and development, promotional campaigns and other online marketing, and customer service.
The candidate we are seeking must be detail-oriented, team player with experience knowledge of developing strategies and tactics to drive Amazon sales, Seller Central, and Optimizing Listings. We are looking to fill this position with a true Amazon expert. ONLY Applicants with direct experience working with FBA Seller Central will be considered.
Applicants must have a plan for organizing and managing our Amazon accounts and making strategic plans to drive significant growth. The individual will oversee and optimize product listings using strong knowledge of keyword research, Amazon algorithm, and product search rankings including detailed maintenance and improvement of listings (title, description, images, reviews, prices, product specs, customer questions, etc.) to increase product ranking.
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Create and manage Amazon listing images, product descriptions, EBC and videos
- Optimize Brand Page experience etc.
- Monitor Amazon account, keep account in good standing, grow Amazon sales
- Manage Amazon advertising campaigns – monitor keywords, ad bids, competitors, ACoS
- Identify new product opportunities and launch new products on Amazon
- Manage inventory replenishment strategy /process and ensure in-stock rates for top-selling products
- Responsible for Amazon merchandising and product decisions. Generate and implement new sales and marketing initiatives to increase sales and profitability
- Effectively manage Amazon external service provider/ partnerships as needed to maximize sales performance and support business success
- Review daily performance of products on Seller Central and make real-time adjustments to optimize listings
- Report on advertising ROI, YOY revenue and YOY profit results for Amazon
- Analyze and optimizes performance of discount/promotion offers
- Participate in the development and execution of strategic and tactical business plans with other members of the cross functional team supporting the Amazon strategy
- Evaluate, prioritize, develop, manage, implement and test Amazon initiatives
- Keep up to date on Amazon seller trends, requirements and selling strategies, as well as Amazon industry best practices
- Leverage analytics to define merchandising segments/ campaigns and merchandise appropriately to increase sales performance
This description is representative but not inclusive of all position responsibilities. Associate may be asked from time to time to complete tasks not listed within the contents of this document, but that are relative to the goals of the business.
- 3+ years of Amazon experience is required
- 2+ years demonstrated history of successfully growing sales for eCommerce-based businesses
- Deep understanding of Amazon & eCommerce is required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Oracle NetSuite experience highly preferred or alternatively experience with other major ERP inventory platforms (both in the context of eCommerce and general inventory capabilities)
- Item/ Inventory Management knowledge highly required
- Deep understanding of the retail and wholesale landscape in U.S. with prior interactions with sellers and distributors is desirable
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated active listening skills, highly consultative and solutions-oriented
- Proven analytic track record for driving data-based strategies
Professional Skills: Expert-level experience with eCommerce portals including Amazon. Highly motivated worker/thinker and team oriented. Strong organization and analytic skills as well as attention to detail. Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities. Comfortable working with complex data across multiple sources to inform and develop actionable insights and strategic recommendations.
Role Specific Competencies: Strong communication skills. Capacity to lead and influence at senior levels. Outstanding analytical skills, strong experience interpreting results & drawing conclusions. Demonstrated strong business judgment and decision-making skills; ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate highest impact initiatives. This position requires extensive use of computer equipment. Must have a demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft office: expert knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint and intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word.