The Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) will conduct client assessments, implement therapeutic strategies, complete individual service plans, educate clients regarding medication and do referrals as necessary.
Essential Job Function including, but not limited to:
1. Satisfies Core Competencies
· Accepts responsibility for ensuring that performance meets the standards of the professional, ethical and relevant legislated requirements.
· Demonstrates cultural competency and commitment to patients.
2. Patient Screening/Assessment
· Participate in our SBIRT program.
· Conducts diagnostic evaluations, assigns appropriate DSM and ICD diagnoses and provides treatment for patients of the health center.
· Completes required documentation and paperwork including biopsychosocial assessments.
· Evaluate patients through observations, tests, surveys, interviews and other methods.
· Collaborates and consults with medical providers, social service agencies as well as city, state, and federal funding and placement agencies through oral and written presentation of clinical findings and recommendations.
· Conduct comprehensive assessment of client needs.
3. Treatment Planning and Follow-Through
· Address referrals from providers including referrals via warm hand-offs.
· Participate in case conferences to assess needs and coordinate services.
· Provide therapeutic services to patients and their families.
· Work in collaboration with multidisciplinary team members including external partners, providers, nurses, and administrative staff in treatment planning and implementation in a timely manner.
· Negotiate with clients to develop individualized service plans with specific goals and objectives which may include housing, child care, vocational training, etc.
· Provide and follow up on referrals to community services, including advocating for clients and problem solving with community agencies.
· Maintain confidential client records and files and prepare reports as required.
· Coordinate all aspects of behavioral health care management.
· Assist with crisis intervention as needed.
4. Reporting and Program/Staff Development
· Maintains weekly scheduled appointments in our electronic records systems.
· Attend all mandatory meetings and trainings assigned by Supervisor.
· Collaborates with team members and leadership in writing/reviewing program and departmental policies and procedures as needed.
· Assist with enhancing referral network according to clinic established protocols.
· Assess, train and plan for possible implementation of a MAT program.
· Maintains CEs as required by applicable licensing body.
· Bachelor’s degree in social work required
· Master’s degree preferred
Skill, Licensure and Knowledge Requirements:
· Active LCSW with Louisiana State Board of Social Work Examiners.
· At least one (1) year of paid post-degree experience in clinical experience providing mental health and substance use disorder services.
· Knowledge and experience with evidence-based practices, including trauma informed care framework.
· Knowledge and experience working with co-occurring disorders (mental health and substance use).
· Experience working in a medical setting with client with chronic health conditions is preferred.
· BLS for healthcare provider is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard reach.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work.
· Light to moderate lifting is required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic).
· Ability to work in a confined area.
· Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period.
Travel or Special Requirements:
Driving during the workday as well as local or out of state travel may be required to perform job duties.