Dental Hygienist: FT/PT
- Posted: over a month ago
Full time position, plus offer full benefits.
This position is also eligible for the National Health Service Core Scholarship program (NHSC).
Our team members tell us they work at Open Door because it feels so good to make a difference in the lives of many who are underserved. Open Door is a federally qualified community health center providing medical, dental, and behavioral health (mental health services) to individuals and families throughout south central Minnesota, regardless of their ability to pay. Patients come from more than 25 counties to our Mankato and Jordan, MN clinics. We serve patients who are geographically isolated in rural areas, and many who have other barriers to healthcare. These include cultural and language barriers, poverty, homelessness, and many others. Open Door reaches into the community providing mobile clinical services and increasing access through telehealth services. When you become part of Team Open Door you are making a difference in the communities we serve. Come join us!
Dental Hygienist Job Summary:
The Dental Hygienist is responsible for, under the general supervision of ODHC Dentists, assessing patient dental needs and delivering direct dental care and associated services. Additionally, he/she provides dental education and works in a team environment in an effective and efficient manner to ensure optimum patient centered care.
Dental Hygienist Primary Responsibilities:
- Deliver direct care to patients according to established dental hygienist procedure.
- Perform routine treatment procedures such as prophylaxis, x-rays, application of sealants and fluorides, etc.
- Assess dental condition and needs of patients, using screening procedures to include medical history review, x-rays, dental and perio charting.
- Provide perio therapy treatment as needed.
- Administer local anesthetic or nitrous oxide sedation as needed.
- Assist with or institute emergency measures for sudden adverse developments during treatment.
- Professional and courteously manage patients during dental procedures.
- Inform patients of and explain dental procedures being performed.
- Conduct dental charting and ensure patient information is entered timely and correctly into the patient’s electronic record in Dentrix.
- Develop and implement individualized dental care plans.
- Perform patient education, discharge planning, and patient/family teaching under the supervision of staff dentists.
- Assist in preparation of patient care areas and in the patient admission, transfer and discharge process as required.
- Prepare reports and assist as needed/directed with patient reception, telephone calls, routine triage, and other office duties.
- Be cooperative, helpful, and a positive role model with dental assisting and/or hygiene student rotations.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Dental Hygienist Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Qualifications:
- Diploma/degree in Dental Hygiene and holds a current registration/license in Minnesota as a dental hygienist.
- Proven ability to independently assess the nature and extent of dental, periodontal, and associated conditions and pathology in dental patients.
- Abide by ethical standards of licensing board.
- Experience working with a diverse population of people.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Confidence, professional judgement, and grace under pressure.
- Bilingual skills are a plus.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Open Door Health Center
HealthcareView all jobs at Open Door Health Center
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?