Personal Care Aide PCA
Open Arms Retirement Cener Raeford, NC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Provide assistance to residents in an Assisted Living Community with activities of daily living as needed according to individual and physician-directed Care Plan. No experience needed; training done on site.
- Provide assistance to residents with activities of daily living as needed according to Care Plan (toileting, ambulation, eating, transferring, bathing, dressing, personal hygiene, etc.)
- Assure that residents are dressed appropriately when in living areas of the home or outside the building.
- Assist and teach the resident self-help skills with activities of daily living in order to maximize their independence and freedom of movement.
- Provide personal assistance as needed, requested, or required.
- Provide assistance with using, emptying and cleaning resident equipment (urinals, bedside commodes, bed pans, wash basins, shower chairs, etc.) as needed.
- Help maintain the self-respect, personal dignity and physical safety of each resident.
- Work cooperatively with all other staff and relate favorably to residents, their families and visitors.
- Be familiar with confidentiality of resident information and adhere to requirements.
- Be familiar with and be able to apply all the adult care home's accident, fire safety, OSHA and emergency procedures.
- Be familiar with the Adult Care Home Residents' Bill of Rights and assist residents in exercising their rights.
- Assure careful treatment of adult care home equipment and utilization of supplies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned in accordance with licensing rules and the home's administrative policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as required by circumstance.
- Must have or obtain C.N.A or Personal Care Aide Certificate (80-Hour) with Personal Care Aide Training within 6-Months of hire.
- Must be able to read, write, understand and follow directions.
- Must be able to Lift, Push, Pull and Carry a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to Bend, Stoop, Squat, and reach overhead as needed.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have no substantiated findings on the NC Personnel Registry or Health Care Program and maintain during employment.
- Must have two-step tuberculin skin test (first test prior to hire and second test within two weeks of first test).
Open Arms Retirement Cener
612 Health DriveRaeford, NC
Personal CareView all jobs at Open Arms Retirement Cener