- Posted: over a month ago
OPAL-RT Technologies is looking for a Project Manager.
Imagine working for a company whose clients include NASA, Bombardier, ABB, EMBRAER, MIT, GE, Ford, GM, NREL and Hydro-Québec! OPAL-RT has set itself the ambitious challenge of democratizing real-time simulation to make it accessible to every engineer and researcher. By joining the clan of OPALIANS, you will contribute to the technology of the future.
World leader in the diversity of applications, our tools are used in a multitude of sectors such as automotive, aerospace, energy, transportation, industrial manufacturing, etc. Founded in Quebec and now assured by a worldwide presence, OPAL-RT has the wind in its sails!
Reporting to the Project Office Chief, you will work in collaboration with the R&D, Integration, our expertise center and Production teams to ensure the delivery of customer orders that require specific developments. In the projects assigned to you, you will contribute to the management of customer relations, the monitoring of development progress, and the preparation of validation tests for complex systems to be delivered.
The desired candidate has excellent communication skills, a strong interest in technical project management, good technical skills and a concern for customer satisfaction. He/she has good problem solving skills and the ability to work on several files simultaneously.
Your main responsibilities:
Personalized development project management component:
- Work with the project team to define and manage the custom development project including scope, requirements, deliverables and milestones, execution, implementation, knowledge transfer and training.
- Plan the project and monitor progress, resolve issues and implement corrective actions.
- Take charge of internal project reviews and project follow-ups with clients.
- Update status of ongoing projects in relation to approved dates, deliverables and budgets.
- Prepare project progress reports and ensure dissemination to all stakeholders.
- Ensure risk and change management for project success and obtain approvals for budget changes.
- Balance technical and operational issues and communicate with technical and operational specialists as needed.
- Monitor project costs and provide exception reports as required.
- Ensure good communication of information between all stakeholders (internal teams, vendors, client) during the project.
- Assist in the development of contingency plans and facilitate team decision-making.
Quality assurance component - Improvement of Project Management Methods:
- Actively participates in strengthening project management methods in the company, reports on opportunities for improvement, suggests changes to existing processes.
- Collaborate with all project managers to standardize project management methods.
- Participate in the quality control of the projects entrusted to it, according to the standards currently in force.
- Participate in the definition and implementation of inspections and audits as part of the ISO project.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or software engineering (or other education and experience deemed equivalent);
- Experience: 2+ years of experience as a project manager. ((5-10 years of experience in technical projects)
- Required knowledge: Knowledge of project management methods (PMBOK), Experience in managing multidisciplinary projects (software, hardware, integration), Ms Project, Office 365.
- Basic knowledge of the following tools (asset): JIRA, Confluence, MsProject, real time domain; FPGA; software and hardware product development cycle; Basic knowledge of project management and Agile SCRUM methodology.
- Language skills: Fluency in French and English.
- Desired competencies: Organizational skills, ability to work in a team, interpersonal communication, thoroughness, determination, autonomy, customer satisfaction oriented, tolerance to ambiguity and stress.
A career with OPAL-RT will suit you if:
- You are looking for stimulating challenges that will push you to constantly surpass yourself.
- You dream of an atmosphere that is at once family-oriented, professional, collaborative and friendly.
- You need a flexible schedule and access to telecommuting in order to balance your personal and professional life.
- You wish to perfect your knowledge and know-how by working with researchers, innovators and scientists who all have one thing in common: passion.
- You have made the choice to be an important contributor to the advancement of technology in a multitude of industries.
- You want to be considered for your ideas, creativity and talents.
- You know your value and are looking for a competitive total compensation package.
- You don't just want a job, you want a career!
Note: The use of the masculine gender includes the feminine and is employed solely to facilitate reading.
ConstructionView all jobs at Opal-RT