Assist with developing new products by executing project management skills in coordination with product and plant engineering teams based on automotive industry needs. Procure filter housings and samples to send plant engineering for design review. Track and report on all open projects to sales, marketing, and key customer contacts. Strive to identify areas to increase profitability of existing products to support continued financial strength. Assist with resolution of product issues and customer complaints with QA team.
Project Manager Responsibilities
• Lead and track all active development projects with Bulgaria, China, and US production facilities.
• Hold frequent updates with customers on status of development projects.
• Lead weekly calls with internal engineering and costing to maintain project timelines.
• Participate in kick-off meetings with customers on new projects to identify specific requirements.
• Manage OE samples procurement process including field fit tests.
• Assist quality team with resolution of customer complaints.
• Manage all RFQ and project management data in internal iFilter database.
• Sense of urgency on projects by consistently following up on open tasks. Not afraid to provide pressure to responsible team members.
• Hold frequent project reviews with Global Project Manager to elevate concerns, update project status to next phase, and learn additional areas of the job.
• Establish and provide monthly/quarterly priority reports to sales and global project manager.
• Must have the ability to push the processes as needed on all fronts to achieve milestones.
• Track inventory on OE samples/housings and manage the shipping to relevant, global engineering sites.
• Work closely with sales to grow the business by effectively implementing new projects on time.
• Issue and monitor new engineering change requests with frequent updates to sales and customers.
• Manage the Request For Quote process by identifying what filters are available or needing development.
• Drive the RFQ process in order turn quotes around to customers as quickly as possible to grow business.
• Coordinates sample filters to customers by working with the site Range Managers.
• Must possess the desire to learn and grow in a team environment.
Required Skills and Qualifications
• Four-year college degree in project management or engineering desired
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Organized and structured work style
• Creative problem solver
• Very reliable and trustworthy
• Sense of customer obsession and desire for team synergy
• Proficient in MS Office Suite
• Strong desire to learn and grow in a dynamic team environment
• Willingness to travel infrequently to global sites and customer locations
• Requires occasional lifting