Responsible for the daily operations of a non-woven production line ensuring a quality product, maintaining a safe environment and achieving desired key performance measurements. Processes include opening, carding, entangling, drying, calendaring, winding, slitting and packaging equipment.
• Team player – give and receive feedback
• Performs all tasks in a safe manner, complies with all safety rules including ZES and confined spaced entry. Identifies and reports unsafe operations to the Team Lead immediately.
• Follows all company policies.
• Works under the guidance of the Team Lead to perform and complete the assigned duties in timely manner.
• Inspects equipment to identify any replacements, malfunctions and repairs. Recommends improvements.
• Changeover process: setup the production equipment and supplies before executing the job orders. Ensure product recipe compliance.
• Ensures all process parameters are set as per the recipe or within the acceptable range defined by Process to ensure a quality product.
• Brings samples to the lab per defined inspection plan. Report any Quality issue with incoming raw material or finished good materials to the Team lead and to Quality.
• Fills all Process and Quality records as requested. Reports any changes for process parameters, any issues with equipment as needed to the Team Lead and to Process engineers.
• Performs preventive maintenance per defined schedule. Operator PM’s are completed and signed-off.
• Performs routine or minor maintenance of equipment. Assists to remove chokes, to replace belts and other routine maintenance. Participates in card repair such as rewiring and card set-ups.
• Troubleshoots process and equipment issues using analytical trouble shooting and other tools.
• Drives forklift to move various items in manufacturing area. Complies with FIFO system for raw materials.
• Maintains housekeeping expectations (clean and organized). Fills housekeeping audits and reports findings.
• Contributes to waste management programs.
• Uses JHI operating system for O&B, carding, entangling, winder and slitter operations. Ensure full traceability by scanning raw material and finished goods.
• Attends all training classes that are scheduled for the operators.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• 2 years manufacturing experience
• Very good computer skills
• Good mechanical skills
• High school diploma or GED equivalent
• Ability to work flexible hours (12-hour rotating shifts)
This position contributes to a quality product by ensuring overall compliance to defined Product Specifications, the Quality Management System, and the Quality Policy. Additionally, this position promotes a safe work environment by complying with the defined Safety rules, GMP and regulations at all times.