Establish and maintain ongoing relationship with selected customers and sales staff. Use knowledge of products, product availability, sales territories, and individual customers to provide a key communications link to the customer while assuring highest level of product delivery and customer satisfaction.
How you will do it:
- Resolve customer service issues and escalate to manager when necessary.
- Control daily input and output of customer orders to the production floor and transportation.
- Cross train within customer service and production control department.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for improved value-added service for the purpose of resolving problems through suggested resolutions.
- May attend applicable meetings pertinent to the department in lieu of manager.
- Follow up online shortages and releases loads to trucking. Monitor loads.
- Interact with internal and external customers to relay their needs and communicate the expected results back to the customer.
- Answer incoming customer calls and use independent judgement to take necessary action.
- Operates all existing customer systems including, but not limited to order processing, credits, core payments and customer concerns.
- Monitors order status and takes actions to ensure plant is meeting customer delivery requirements and commitments.
- Identifies and logs customer concerns and follows up on questions regarding all aspects of receipt of delivery, prices, shortages/overages, etc.
- Processes customer orders which may include, but is not limited to receiving, entering, verifying, and acknowledging orders, preparing credits and weekly order status, assisting in expediting orders, maintaining order files and investigating order related issues.
- Order processing to include monitoring orders for accurate information.
- Warranty and credit processing to include approving and monitoring that warranties and credits are processed according to the customer’s requirements.
- Monitor loads and orders to ensure on time delivery.
- Log/track Customer Concerns.
- May coordinate and schedule shipping daily activity and track availability of product which may include but is not limited to: Recaps on inventory system and run all associated paperwork.
- Control labor and material usage to meet or improve standard costs.
- Coordinate recaps and truckloads and alert supervisors of issues and “hot” loads.
- May perform customer visits.
- Works closely with Production and Transportation departments to make and keep commitments to customers by performing administrative responsibilities related to transportation to ensure timely delivery and proper record keeping as it relates to the company’s product.
- Performs any other duties assigned.
What we look for:
- HS Degree or Equivalency Required, Associates or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two years’ customer service experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred; however, inexperienced candidates, who demonstrate the aptitude and strong communication/organizational skills, may be considered.
- OEM or Tier-1 manufacturing experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills and basic working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Access
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel including experience with pivot tables, formulas, and spreadsheets required
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and collaborative.
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills required.
- Tact, a sense of urgency, and an overall customer satisfaction focus is required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required. Must demonstrate strong, customer friendly, phone etiquette.
- Ability to consistently deliver excellent customer service to both external and internal customers.
We don’t see our business as transactional, but building long-lasting relationships that help our clients locate the right employee for the job, and help job-seekers locate the perfect career.