OpExpert Consulting Brookhaven, PA
- Posted: over a month ago
This position provides both basic and advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution for our IT Department as well as prioritizing and responding to trouble tickets from PC users. Trouble tickets will be escalated from the System Administrator to the IT Manager as necessary. This position requires a positive attitude and the ability to explain complex computer/network issues to PC users on a level that the PC users can understand. Certifications such as A+, Networking+ and MCSE are a plus. Excellent verbal and written communication skills combined with active listening and problem solving abilities are absolutely necessary.
- Microsoft Operating Systems, Server & Desktop Administration
- Windows Software Update Services (WSUS)
- Microsoft Exchange
- Active Directory Management
- Microsoft Group Policy
- SQL Server
- Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Arcserve UDP
This position reports to the IT Manager and regularly works with all administrative staff.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Network administration in a Microsoft environment (including maintaining system backups, security & patch management, user account management, e-mail systems, internet access, office systems and applications support).
- Supports servers, network components and desktop hardware, printers, software and applications. Performs maintenance, patches and upgrades.
- Implements and supports the network and computing infrastructure plan as set forth by the company.
- Regularly test and monitor backups for disaster recovery.
- Recognizes technology areas needing improvement, upgrades and patches and suggests and implements solutions.
- First responder to helpdesk trouble tickets.
- Full-Time, occasional weekend work or travel may be required.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Experience: 3+ Years working in Information Technology field with Microsoft Technologies
- Education: Degree in Computer related studies (Information Systems or Computer Science preferred)
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled