Senior Network Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Senior Network Engineer, Infrastructure Services
Company Overview: Here at Ooma we empower people to connect in smarter ways. We do this by creating powerful communication experiences through our cloud-based platform to bring people together at work and at home. Our solutions help small business owners stay connected with their customers and manage their businesses from anywhere. For larger companies we provide customized unified communications solutions to meet their unique needs. At home, we help our customers connect with their loved ones by providing the #1 rated VoIP phone service available. We also provide them with peace of mind though our innovative smart home security solution. At Ooma, all our products and services are priced competitively, because we believe advanced technology should be accessible to all.
Every day, we strive to uphold our brand values:
We care that everyone loves their Ooma experience.
We think big to innovate and revolutionize markets.
We create smarter solutions that uniquely deliver both superior experiences and superior value.
We embrace diversity of thought to make the best decisions.
We respect that problems are best solved by fact-based discussions and positive intent.
We choose to be a force for good in the world.
Working at Ooma means being a team player, while allowing your individual voice to come through. And, you'll receive competitive compensation, benefits and generous company perks.
About the role:
Our Network Engineers are innovators who are knowledgeable about the latest technologies and trends. We use a range of tools and technologies to ensure our entire technology portfolio is highly available and delivers an amazing experience for all of Ooma’s customers. The Infrastructure Services team’s primary role is to ensure that the infrastructure components backing all of Ooma’s services is maintained and running optimally. The Senior Network Engineer is a member of the Infrastructure team and will participate in all areas of managing the Ooma Production Network.
- Maintain the network’s stability, security and performance.
- Identify and resolve any network related issues.
- Responsible for overseeing the maintenance of all network switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Design and modify the network to meet the needs of new projects and solutions.
- Design and deploy functional networks
- Maintain and Manage External Network Registry
- Work with various ISPs and manage relationships with various vendors
- Configure and install software, servers, routers and other network devices
- Monitor network performance and integrity
- Automate tasks and monitor their effectiveness
- Mentor team members on technical issues
- Create, test and oversee security measures (DDoS attacks, Disaster Recovery, failovers etc…)
- Maintain technical documentation
- Communicate with team members across Ooma.
- Suggest improvements to network performance, capacity and scalability
- Occasional travel
Preferred candidates will have the following technical skills/experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or 7 years experience and professional certifications (CCNP, CCDP or other related certifications)
- 5 years experience at an enterprise level
- Layer 2 Technologies- Spanning Tree, VLANs, Tagged vs Untagged, VRRP, ( VXLAN is nice to have)
- IPSec experience over WANs using firewalls
- Load Balancer – F5 and/or FortiADC
- Junos, Arista EOS, ScreenOS,
- Configure, install, troubleshoot network devices (Switches, Routers and Firewalls)
- Network Design capabilities from POC to inception and optimization
- Production Operations Support 24/7
- Ability to work under high pressure situations to resolve any issues related to highly exposed services worldwide
- Strong Troubleshooting skills using extensive array of Linux tools to resolve issues
- Hands On Physical Data Center Experience
- Monitoring network performance, security and integrity
- Experience using Devops tools
Professional Traits (individual):
- Strong team player who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Be a self-starter for your projects and own the outcome
- Strong empathy in customer experience (the consumers of your work)
- Ability to lead meetings and drive communication cross-functionally
- Solid troubleshooting skills, with the drive and ability to implement the solution
- Possess maturity in judgment for upward communication and escalation
- Ability to Lead
- Accountability and own their work
- Full Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- 401k Match
- Paid time off
- 9 Paid holidays
TechnologyView all jobs at Ooma, INC