Customer Support Representative
- Posted: over a month ago
Job Title: Customer Support Representative
Company Overview: Here at Ooma we empower people to connect in smarter ways. We do this by creating powerful communication experiences through our cloud-based platform to bring people together at work and at home. Our solutions help small business owners stay connected with their customers and manage their businesses from anywhere. For larger companies we provide customized unified communications solutions to meet their unique needs. At home, we help our customers connect with their loved ones by providing the #1 rated VoIP phone service available. We also provide them with peace of mind though our innovative smart home security solution. At Ooma, all our products and services are priced competitively, because we believe advanced technology should be accessible to all.
Every day, we strive to uphold our brand values:
We care that everyone loves their Ooma experience.
We think big to innovate and revolutionize markets.
We create smarter solutions that uniquely deliver both superior experiences and superior value.
We embrace diversity of thought to make the best decisions.
We respect that problems are best solved by fact-based discussions and positive intent.
We choose to be a force for good in the world.
Working at Ooma means being a team player, while allowing your individual voice to come through. And, you'll receive competitive compensation, benefits and generous company perks.
Summary: Ooma offers consumer and business products that provide low-cost U.S. and Canadian services. The role of the Customer Care candidate is a technical support position in a high-volume fast-paced VoIP technical contact center. The incumbent will be responsible for handling customer cases by troubleshooting advanced/complex hardware and software issues while providing a best-in-class customer experience. Responsibilities include all facets of the day-to-day operational execution from handling inbound calls into the queue, or calling back on open issues from Support tickets. Customer communication mediums include the telephone channel, email and chat-based interactions.
- Provide a best-in-class customer experience while satisfying the customer’s needs.
- Provide front-line troubleshooting and Customer Care in Ooma’s tiered support model.
- Going the extra mile to follow up with customers, ensuring issues are resolved and customers are satisfied in a timely manner.
- Diagnose network, router or connectivity issues to help improve Quality of Service for calls.
- Apply troubleshooting techniques to resolve VOIP problems by utilizing CRM tools and reviewing logs.
- Monitor telecommunication services that include our carriers, our telephony servers, etc.
- Provide root cause analysis of new issues and provide detailed analysis for our engineering teams.
- Provide customer updates on status of open issues or confirmation when issues are resolved.
- Apply expert knowledge of Ooma’s services, VOIP technology and networking hardware and software.
- Identify bugs and possible service impairments based on call trends and customer feedback.
- Test newly fixed bugs prior to deployment by the engineering team.
- 40 hour week, hours of operation Monday - Saturday
- Possesses customer-focused aptitude.
- Ability to work efficiently in a highly demanding, team-oriented and fast paced environment.
- Experience driving continuous improvement in a complex product support role for a company known for its focus on customer service.
- Ability to communicate and empathize with all levels of customers – executives, external customers and engineers.
- Background with VOIP technology and terminology desired but not required
- Experience working with telecommunications and/or networking products desired but not required
- Experience working very closely with technical teams to drive software or hardware improvements based on customer impact/feedback.
- Any networking, IT or telecommunications certification is a plus.
- Familiar with Customer Relationship Management software, RightNow a plus.
- Highly organized and results oriented.
- Excellent punctuality and attendance record is a must.
- Spanish speakers will be a PLUS.
- Undergraduate degree preferred, preferably in a technical discipline.
- Full Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- 401k Match
- Paid time off
- 9 Paid holidays
BusinessView all jobs at Ooma, INC