May 2020 - December 2020
Are you prepared for an exciting opportunity to gain exposure to private investment valuations across multiple asset classes and in a variety of industries throughout the world?
As an Intern - Private Investment Valuation, you will be fully dedicated to supporting the completion of Finance's review and analysis of private investment "fair value" valuations prepared by the various OTPP Investment teams for financial reporting purposes.
- The role provides extensive exposure to private investment valuations across multiple asset classes (e.g. private equity and infrastructure) and a multitude of industries throughout the world including Airports, Utilities, Renewable Energy, Timberland, Oil & Gas, Industrials, Technology/Media/ Telecommunications, Consumer/Retail, Healthcare, Financial Services, Real Estate and much more.
- You will be fully engaged in the year-end valuation process and gain hands-on experience in analyzing financial information, applying discounted cash flow / precedent transactions / comparable trading multiples techniques, and preparing valuation models and valuation reports.
- You will gain valuable practical experience by using several industry-leading platforms, including Bloomberg and Capital IQ.
Who you'll work with
Within the broader Finance division, the Valuation team is comprised of nine individuals with strong academic and practical experience, with backgrounds in accounting, finance, valuation, risk analytics, and due diligence advisory. Each member of the team holds one or more designations, including CPA, CBV, CFA, and FRM. You will work alongside each member of the group in performing valuation related analyses and drafting reports. Teamwork is paramount to our group's success.
What you'll do
Typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review and update valuation models for recent performance metrics. Contribute to the assessment of valuation recommendations proposed by Investment teams;
- Draft valuation reports in a clear, concise, and informative manner;
- Review external valuation/appraisal reports and extract pertinent information necessary for the completion of internal analyses;
- Assist with economic, industry, and entity-specific research (e.g. equity research reports); and,
- Provide updated financial information required by other internal stakeholder groups, including Strategy and Risk, Risk Analytics, Financial and Management Reporting, and Performance Analytics.
What you'll need
This role is ideal for you if you are:
- Interested in private investments, business valuation, financial analysis and modelling
- A dedicated self-starter who, enjoys the challenges of a fast paced environment and thrives on change
- Someone who prides yourself in excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- An investment, finance, or accounting concentration, with some exposure to business valuation courses, is also an asset
- Must be in 3rd/4th year of studies or in a related Master's program
- You should be enrolled in a co-op program or returning back to your studies after the work term is completed
What we're offering
At Ontario Teachers', diversity is one of our core strengths. We are a globally minded organization and take pride ensuring that the people we hire and the culture we create reflect and celebrate diversity of thought, background and experience.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.
How to apply
Are you ready to pursue new challenges and take your career to the next level? Submit your application online at www.otpp.com/careers and apply to requisition #2210. The following documents are required to be uploaded with your application:
- Cover letter
- Copy of your transcripts
**Once your resume is uploaded, you may use the 'upload' button to attach more documents such as those required and outlined above.
You will also be invited to complete a pre-recorded digital interview as part of your application. This portion of your application will take approximately 10 minutes to complete.
The deadline to apply for this role is October 4th, 2019.
Please note that as part of our eligibility criteria it is required you are available to begin on or before May 4th, 2020 for onboarding and training purposes.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted. Note that candidates must be legally entitled to work in the country where this role is located.
The privacy of your personal information is important to us. Please visit our Privacy Centre to learn how we handle your personal information.