High School Chemistry Teacher
- Posted: over a month ago
Ontario Christian School is a nonprofit, independent private school passionate about providing students and families with a biblically-based education of the highest standard. We seek to see every student equipped to be courageous leaders who serve God and others, seek His Truth, and impact culture.
Join our community of skillful and dynamic professionals who demonstrate personal knowledge of God's word in their work to provide the best quality of Christian Education. Ontario Christian staff and facility lays a biblical foundation for our Christ-centered mission of Growing Christian Leaders.
Ontario Christian seeks a High School Chemistry Teacher to add to our insightful and faithful teaching staff. Along with planning and organizing lesson plans, the High School Chemistry Teacher creatively infuses a biblically based, faith-integrated curriculum that helps guide, mentor, and develop students both spiritually and academically. The ideal candidate should have 1 - 5+ years of classroom teaching experience in the applicable subject. This role will teach AP classes. Prior experience working in a Christian school environment and/or a Protestant Christian Church setting is a plus. As a High School Chemistry Teacher at Ontario Christian School, the candidate should be a follower of Jesus Christ, work collaboratively with co-workers, provide excellent customer service, proactively identify and fix problems, and exhibit a servant's heart.
Requirements for this role are as follows.
As a distinctly Christian school, Ontario Christian maintains high spiritual and lifestyle expectations of its employees. The High School Chemistry Teacher shall:
- Be a mature, sincere Christ follower. Who feels called by God to his/her profession.
- Profess Jesus Christ as his/her personal Savior.
- Believe that the Bible is God's Word and standard for faith and daily living.
- Agree with the school's Statement of Faith.
- Active attendance at a local Protestant Christian church.
- Strive to be a Christian role model in attitude, speech, and actions toward others (Luke 6:40, Micah 6:8, 1Timothy 4:12).
- Demonstrate a lifestyle on and off campus consistent with Christian values in all areas. A Christian lifestyle should reflect the biblical perspective of integrity and appropriate personal and family relationships, business conduct and moral behavior.
- Display's spiritual maturity, academic ability, and personal leadership qualities to "train up a child in the way he should go" (Proverbs 22:6) and promote the spiritual development of a child through Scripture study and memorization, prayer, witnessing, and unity in the Body of Christ.
- One (1) + years of teaching experience in the applicable field.
- Taught AP classes for one (1) year.
- Bachelor's degree in a teaching related field.
- Current teaching credential or working towards a credential in the appropriate subject area.
- Related education in the Christian faith.
- Completion of student teaching.
To view the full job description please visit our website at: www.ocschools.org/employment.
Ontario Christian School Association is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Christian School Association does not discriminate on any basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Ontario Christian School
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?