SQL Server Developer
Onsite It Advisors Llc Atlanta, GA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
- Under the guidance of IT Management and experienced IT staff, provide internal and external clients with support on existing applications.
- Assist with maintaining IT department’s number one goal of all systems up and running.
- Designing a new database and changes to existing databases.
- Develop ETL processes to support internal and external client needs.
- Perform database administration on multiple database servers.
- Expert level knowledge with Microsoft SQL Server and technologies with SQL Server
- Ability to lead development efforts within a team of software developers
- Experience working with large databases with high number of transactions
- Understands and use SQL best practices regarding security and privacy of data
- Strong skills with developing SQL views, common table expressions (CTEs) and stored procedure to combine/aggregate data needed for reporting purposes
- Strong skills in performance tuning especially tuning complex queries, procedures and indexing strategies
- Expert knowledge of designing and creating new and modifying existing SQL Server Integration Services packages
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services
- Exposure with .NET programming languages
- Experience with third-party SSIS Components is a plus
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluate the effectiveness of existing internal processes and applications and propose solutions and opportunities for automation and audit controls
- Performs problem resolutions and root cause analysis along with recommending and implementing preventive techniques
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Motivated to share knowledge in a team environment
- Provide and maintain technical documentation for new system processes or enhancements
- Take on technical leadership responsibilities of database projects across the organization
- Provide regular project and time accounting
- Perform after-hours and weekend on-call support including troubleshooting and problem resolution (scheduled on a rotating basis)
- Must be able to remain in a stationary seated position up to 85% of the work shift
- Mentor junior team members as needed
- Must be able to occasionally move about inside the office to access office machinery, file cabinets or attend meetings
- Must be able to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, printer, scanner, fax machine
- Must be able to exchange accurate information with co-workers, consumers and/or clients or vendors who have work-related inquiries
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERENCES
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience; industry-standard certifications a plus
- Analyze end-user needs and design, coding, testing software to satisfy demand
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly with all business users and project managers
- 5+ years of SQL Server database administration
- 5+ years of SQL Server database development
- 5+ years of SQL Server Integration Services Development
- You must be able to obtain government clearance after hire.
US Citizenship is required
Onsite It Advisors LlcWhy Work Here?
Great growth potential
Looking for 'We the Team Attitude' for our clients