Sr. Business Analyst - SAP FICO
Schedule: Full-Time (On-Site) – (no holidays, weekends, or overtime)
Project Need: 6 Months to start with; Up to 12 months (subject to extension)
The consultant will be assigned duties consistent with that of a Business Systems Analyst, working with the SAP FICO module (finance and controlling), and serving as a subject matter expert in one or more business areas. The position will provide analytic support to all user departments of the SAP accounting services. General duties include:
1. Understand, and document the business processes
2. Understand business needs, client requirements, and write specifications
3. Troubleshoot/ analyze and resolve system problems
4. Develop configure and test possible solutions
5. Develop ad-hoc custom reports and data extracts for management
6. Test and document various business application functionalities
7. Serve as an application expert
1. 5-7 years SAP experience in FI/CO minimum, including 1 - 2 full project life cycle
implementations experience. Expertise required in SAP New General Ledger.
2. Solid hands on experience with ECC 6.0 configuration in New GL and associated
submodule integration including integration to MM.
3. Experience and knowledge in Financial Accounting and Financial Reporting including
gathering, documenting requirements, writing functional spec and testing.
4. Develop ad-hoc custom reports and data extracts for management. Working
knowledge and experience of Business Intelligence, validating and testing of BI/BO
5. Experience with working on/developing custom Interfaces or enhancements
6. Areas of focus will include but are not limited to GL, AP, AR, PS, CO. Public center
experience with Funds Management is preferred.
7. Demonstrated experience in a role as the primary application expert.
• Gathers functional and business requirements and collaborates with other IT staff
and/or vendors to produce the desired output.
• Coordinates and participates in application upgrades and changes;
• Documents functions and changes to new or modified functionality;
• Implements approved system enhancements, releases and optimizations;
• Participates in research to determine if solutions to business requirements currently
exist within the organization and if not, whether new solutions are feasible;
• Provides information and support to Instructional Designers to facilitate end user training;
• Provides input to the development of formal business cases when new or enhanced
business solutions are proposed;
• Coordinates technical changes, verifying testing results, and adhering to technical and
• business standards compliance;
• Provides updates on fixes to known issues and planned updates and upgrades;
• Troubleshoots application issues and system error and escalates to Tier 3 or vendor as
• Work with the business to develop detailed user acceptance test cases and flows;
including devising test plans, creating test cases, establishing protocols and
appropriate testing environments and coordinating testing;
• Attends meetings to review end user and tracking and trending issues, workflow
problems, system capabilities, monitoring feedback, and potential system
• Participates in the evaluation of new module releases;
• May be assigned as a Disaster Service Worker, as required;
• Performs other related duties as required.
• Ability to travel to alternate locations in the course of work. If driving, possession of a
valid California Driver's License prior to appointment and the ability to qualify for and
maintain a driver authorization.
• Depending on the position, related certifications may be desirable.
• Business process design and workflow;
• Testing methodology and validation;
• Various information technology platforms and operating systems;
• Design, implementation, testing, updating, maintenance, evaluation, and analysis of
system configuration, system setup, and application data;
• Wide range of application functionality, content, and associated workflows;
• Customer service principles;
• Policies, procedures, and business operations related to the functions being
• Test and validate business analysis findings and recommendations;
• Apply business analysis principles and practices;
• Utilize a variety of information technology platforms and operating systems;
• Troubleshoot problems, identify root causes, and evaluate alternative solutions;
• Design business processes;
• Document business processes and models;
• Analyze business requirements and identify possible solutions;
• Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
• Produce reports, documentation, research to address customer needs;
• Engage with stakeholders and understand and respond to their needs in rapidly
• Maintain effective customer relationships.