Onin is seeking an experienced Junior Web Developer who can hit the ground running. The
candidate will become a member of a dynamic software development group focused on the development
and implementation of geospatial solutions for local governments and statewide Department of
Transportation (DOT) agencies. The candidate will work closely with other team members to build modern
web applications, RESTful web services and/or mobile applications using tools like the Azure DevOps
platform and Visual Studio.
Core functional responsibilities include:
• Building and supporting C# applications in a Microsoft environment using .NET 4.5+/.NET Core.
• Designing, modifying, developing, and implementing modern web applications using Object-
• Participating in design reviews, code reviews, test plan reviews during the software development
• Designing and implementing software based on documented requirements via the usage of Agile,
Scrum, and similar software processes.
• Providing or participating in developing written design specifications for software components, as
well as reviewing design specifications written by others.
• Providing estimates for assigned tasks and being accountable for these estimates with the goal of
improving accuracy over time.
• Developing and executing unit level testing for code developed in accordance with Quality
• Researching and recommending software, hardware, and technologies relevant to product
development in designated area(s).
• A completed Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university (ABET accreditation preferred) in
Computer Science, Software Engineering or STEM majors is required.
• Strong understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP) concepts.
• Experience with the following technologies: HTTP, ASP.NET Web API, XML, JSON.
• Sound foundational knowledge of SQL, relational databases, and normalization.
• Sound problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
• Ability to work with a team of software development professionals towards common goals and