Onin Staffing is looking for quality people for Packaging & Delinting Positions.
The positions are accountable for assisting in the day to day operations of the plant and warehouse. Key emphasis will be placed on managing the overall process at the plant level from seed treatment to packaging by seed count, and operating equipment to remove lint from the bulk seed. In addition, emphasis will be placed on operating both manual and automated seed count, bagging equipment, repairs & maintenance. It is imperative to track and maintain accuracy of seed/lbs, bag weights, bag inventory, bag appearance, and treater accuracy.
- Primary Responsibilities: Packaging Position
- Participate in day to day seed count, bagging, and treating operation in plant.
- Operate and manage automatic seed sampling equipment to pull accurate samples from each lot as directed.
- Assist in seed counts for packaging seed and obtaining QA samples.
- Enter plant monitoring data for the treating and packaging area as directed.
- Monitor packaging appearance. (printing on bags, printing of placards, bar coding, wrapping, and etc.)
- Monitor the treatment process for application accuracy.
- General repairs of bag placers, baggers, treater, and palletizer during the season, as well as shut down periods.
- Participate in cleanup of debagging, treating, and bagging areas for all variety changes.
- During the carryover season, assist management in sorting and doing inventory counts on carryover.
- Assist with the carryover blending process by seed count.
- Assist in all inventory counts of raw goods.
- Primary Responsibilities: Delinting Position
1. Operating the plant delinting equipment.
2. Monitor dryer temperatures and delinting equipment.
3. Maintain the seed cleaning equipment.
4. Maintain seed quality.
5. Monitors the waste products discarded from the cleaning operation.
6. Record measurements taken during the shift as directed by the Plant
7. Assist the Plant Supervisor as directed.
8. Monitoring acid concentration on seed.
9. Monitoring quality of seed. (Immature, cracks, seed color, and etc.)
Monitor cleaner and gravity tables to desired setting.
10. Assist as needed in packaging area.
11. Pour up of carryover seed in a timely manner to insure packaging line
does not shut down due to seed not being available for treating.
12. Inspection of each lot being poured up to insure there is no cross
contamination of mixed varieties.
13. Assist in other areas of the site as needed. (Seed returns, shipping of
finished goods, and etc.)
14. Follow all OSHA rules and regulations for safety compliance (e.g.,
Confined Space procedures, LOTO procedures, Climbing Ladders,
Please call our office at 806-686-3855 or apply to schedule an interview.
Why Work Here?Ōnin Staffing of Lubbock, TX is the best staffing agency near you to find your next opportunity. If you're looking for a job or temp agency near you, you've come to the right place. That said, we never use the word "temp" because, at Ōnin, you are not a temp. You are a member of our team. Whether you work with Ōnin for two days or two years, you are a Teammate. We are a different kind of employment agency because we genuinely value you and provide you with better benefits and opportunities. Our benefits package is unbeatable and allows you to take care of yourself and your family with the most affordable and convenient options available.
Onin is an employer of choice! We offer you affordable, usable and amazing medical, dental and vision benefits!