Under direct supervision, performs a combination of tasks to load, unload and move material and parts in and around the manufacturing facility. Responsible for maintaining the accuracy of inventory.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Fills work orders, requests for materials or other stock items and distributes items to production workers.
- Use forklift to unload materials delivered to the BU.
- Loads and unloads materials to or from pallets, racks and shelves manually or by forklift.
- Receiving materials into the inventory management system.
- Placing materials at the proper location within the production system.
- Assists materials manager with maintaining inventory accuracy conducting weekly audits of the MRD system.
- Assists material manager with monthly cycle counts.
- Work on projects with the materials technician and the production staff and to continuously improve visual re-order points for MRD materials.
- Assists the Material Technician updating the expedite communications boards insuring they reflect the latest up to date information by updating them throughout the day as business is conducted.
- Responsible for working closely with production staff to insure non-conforming materials are identified and are accurately processed in a timely manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's):
- Must be able to become a licensed fork lift operator.
- Must see production operations as the customer.
- Proficient working with computers, demonstrate ability to work efficiently in the business system, EXCEL skills preferred.
- Experience and or knowledge of Lean Principles preferred.
- Experience with "point of use" inventory, working in a team environment, the use of "pull" systems and new product development processes is a plus.
- Able to wear personal protective equipment.
- Able to work overtime and/or including weekends as production schedules dictate.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Able to perform work in a non-climate controlled metal manufacturing production environment
- A material handler must be able to communicate with supervisors and fellow employees
- A material handler must be able to work in an environment with noise(With 25decibal ear plugs in) at 75 decibels
- A material handler must be able to be on his/her feet, on concrete, for 90% of their shift and must be able to walk up to 75% of that 90%
- Must be able to climb 13ft by way of 12inch rung ladders
- Must be able to lift, push and or pull up to 40lbs and carry that weight 5ft
- Must be able to bend, stoop and crouch
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or veteran status. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.