Jr. Firmware Engineer - ONICON
Onicon Inc. Largo, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
POSITION LOCATED IN LARGO, FL (THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION) RELOCATION REQUIRED!!!
ONICON Measurement Solutions has been delivering market leading flow and energy measurement products since 1987. We focus on delivering exceptional customer service and quality engineered flow and energy measurement instruments for hydronic heating and cooling systems.
ONICON is part of the TASI Flow brand of companies. TASI Flow is a collection of world-class flow meter companies around the globe, producing flow meters and flow measurement solutions to a wide variety of industrial and scientific industries.
The Firmware Design Engineer will be responsible for developing the firmware required to interpret and manipulate the data from a variety of sensing technologies used in the ONICON family of flow and BTU meter systems. The incumbent will use state of the art FPGAs and microprocessors to generate flow data, system information and energy calculations for use primarily in building control systems, and for flow media such as water, gas, and steam. The incumbent will also be responsible for generating communication protocol stacks using the OEM development platforms for protocols such as BACnet, Modbus, Mbus, HART & LON.
This position will be an active part of multi-disciplinary teams and will design and development firmware and software for custom, leading-edge precision instrumentation. Working with electrical and mechanical engineers, project managers, and client teams, you will have a direct impact on the success of projects and end products.
A passion for quality software and experience with writing code from high-level embedded applications down to low-level device drivers are essential; good interpersonal skills and proven project leadership are highly valued.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Generate firmware using “C” code for various microprocessor platforms.
- Work closely with the hardware development engineers to support the existing microprocessor platforms and to develop the strategy for future hardware platform architectures.
- Develop firmware test procedures including unit tests and hardware tests.
- Design and implement software for execution on custom embedded platforms, including drivers and board support packages.
- Participate in system architecture design, including RTOS and μC/μP tradeoff decisions.
- Write software unit tests to exercise your code.
- Lead and participate in design reviews and code reviews.
- Participate in functional test planning.
- Work with product development team to define requirements, develop software architecture, provide status updates, and track commitments.
- Participate in brainstorms outside your area of expertise.
- BS degree in computer science or electrical engineering (MS level a plus)
- 1-3 years minimum of firmware development experience
- Experience with low level drivers and one or more RTOSs (e.g. FreeRTOS)
- Experience with C programming
- Experience in development and debugging on small, low-power embedded platforms (ARM)
- Experience with board bring-up.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Ability to read electrical circuit schematics and understand impact on software operation and design.
- Development experience with firmware platforms and communication protocol platforms
- Full cycle product development experience (from requirements to release)
- Experience developing precision instrumentation (flow meter technology a plus)
- Experience with hands-on programming of communication protocol stacks (experience with BACnet, Modbus, HART and LonWorks a plus)
- Experience with python
- Experience in wireless technologies (e.g Bluetooth, WiFi, etc.) and serial communications protocols.
- Strong MS Excel, MS Word, and Outlook experience.
- Physical Demand(s): Can lift up to 50 lbs, sitting and stand for reasonable periods of time.
- Visual Demand(s): Ability to look at a computer monitor and microscope for reasonable periods of time
- Hazard(s): Manufacturing environment. Testing equipment that requires safety precautions.
We pride ourselves on the ONICON Difference, which can be seen in every engineered solution we offer. Our team is constantly striving to provide you with excellent customer service from start to finish. We calibrate our meters to meet your specific application needs, plus they can be easily installed and used right out of the box. We stand by our HVAC flow and energy measurement solutions and offer a 1-year no-fault warranty and a 3-year manufacturer warranty on all of our meters. This ensures our durable and reliable meters are designed to accurately measure flow and energy in any application.
Onicon Inc.Why Work Here?
Wonderful growing company with lots of room for growth!
ONICON Incorporated is a leader in flow and energy measurement solutions and delivers comprehensive solutions for our customers’ needs. We specialize in HVAC flow and energy measurement solutions and providing our customers with the most accurate and reliable readings for their applications. We pride ourselves on the ONICON Difference, which can be seen in every engineered solution we offer. Our team is constantly striving to provide you with excellent customer service from start to finish. We calibrate our meters to meet your specific application needs, plus they can be easily installed and used right out of the box. We stand by our HVAC flow and energy measurement solutions and offer a 1-year no-fault warranty and a 3-year manufacturer warranty on all of our meters. This ensures our durable and reliable meters are designed to accurately measure flow and energy in any application.
11451 Belcher Road SouthLargo, FL