Senior Systems Engineer II
- Posted: over a month ago
1Path is a true end-to-end IT provider. As a trusted IT provider for over 15 years, 1Path is the single source for comprehensive technology support for our clients: from the design/build stage through 24x7 monitoring and account management. We provide a variety of services from Outsourced Managed Services, Cyber Security, Cloud Solutions, Workplace Technologies, to Project Management.
Our company foundation is built on Integrity, Excellence, Accountability and Teamwork. These four core values support our vision and shape our culture. We live by them every day, measure our success, and continually grow. At 1path we want our employees to have fulfilling careers and we commit to our employees by offering competitive benefits, compensation, and development opportunities. If you want to be an integral part of a rapidly growing, cutting-edge technology company with huge growth potential, 1Path is the one choice for you.
About the Role
We are seeking a Systems Engineer II to join our 1Path Professional Services team! Our Professional Services team provides gold standard project management and execution services to 1Path’s client base. Under the direction of the Project Manager, the Systems Engineer II executes on the technical Scope of Work for projects, assists the Project Manager with providing progress updates to the client on a weekly basis, and proactively identifies and reports potential issues with the completion of projects. Our ideal Systems Engineer II understands the value of clear and thorough documentation, communication, and teamwork, is comfortable interfacing with clients via video and audio calls and occasionally in-person, and takes every opportunity to learn and grow their skillset along the way!
- Participates in project planning and delivery of solutions as outlined in SoW.
- Participates in daily SCRUM meetings with pod/Project Manager.
- Attends meetings with 1Path clients as scheduled by Project Manager to provide status updates, report on potential issues found in discovery and during execution of a project, proposes solutions whenever possible.
- Answers technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members, teaches improved processes, and mentors team members.
- Assist Technical Account Managers with project reviews during scoping process.
- Performs email/communication platform migrations as outlined in SoW.
- Performs public and private cloud setup and migrations.
- Installs and/or upgrades Microsoft Operating Systems.
- Installs and/or upgrades network device firmware.
- Assist with/executes on network switch and server room cable management.
- Completes physical setup and configuration of:
- Access Points
- Works closely with vendors to ensure the proper execution of software/hardware implementation.
- Recognizes changes to Scope of Work and alerts Project Manager.
- Ensures that quality standards are met by completing Quality Assurance Checks of completed projects.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and a willingness to work with others
- Ability to work through a variety of methods including mail, Microsoft Teams, telephone, and face-to-face
- Strong analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities with ability to multitask in fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn and willingness to take on more complex tasks
- Ability to diligently create and maintain clear and concise documentation
- Ability to clearly relay technical data to non-technical individuals
- Proven ability to work successfully with limited supervision
- Experience with ticketing systems a strong plus!
- Strong experience working with cloud service platforms, including:
- Microsoft 365 [tenant management and configuration]
- Hands-on experience implementing and troubleshooting:
- Windows Server OS
- Active Directory
- On-Premise Exchange
- Group Policy
- Microsoft SQL
- DNS issues
- Experience with implementation and management of VMWare ESXi, vSphere/vCenter
- Experience with other hypervisor technologies a plus.
- Strong experience with Cisco Meraki setup, management, and network configuration.
- Working Knowledge of VLANs, firewall configuration, subnetting
- Familiarity with Single Sign-On and MFA implementation – knowledge of OneLogin and DUO a plus!
- Technology related Bachelor’s or Associates degree, or related IT experience
- Proven experience managing and executing IT projects
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Occasional travel may be required
- Access to reliable transportation
- Valid driver’s license required
TechnologyView all jobs at Onepath