Senior Network Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you an experienced Senior Network Engineer looking to join an innovative satellite communications company? Do you have a passion for network design? We are looking for a strong leader who can bring network engineering expertise and experience to our organization. This position will provide opportunities for you to fully utilize your skills, all while adding value to an exceptional company with a stellar reputation!
OneWeb Technologies is a global communications network powered by a constellation of 648 low Earth orbit (EO) satellites. Headquartered in London, OneWeb enables high-speed low latency connectivity for governments, businesses, and communities everywhere around the world. OneWeb is backed by experienced investors and fully funded to complete the deployment of its first-generation system in 2022. Their support puts us at the forefront of innovation in space technology as we grow our competitive advantage in this field.
Our mission is to remove barriers to connectivity by being a leader in space communications technology. If you share out mission, we want to hear from you. Join One Web's growing global connected community!
LOCATION OF POSITION
Washington DC Metro Area
MISSION OF THE POSITION The Senior Network Engineer will be responsible for all enterprise network design, cloud-based network design, project coordination, implementation, and maintenance of OneWeb Technology Global Networks and Services.
The Senior Network Engineer represents the delivery of network infrastructure projects, customer site services and customer premise equipment (CPE). As a Senior Network Engineer, you will support and manage multiple projects within the business customer base. The Senior Network Engineer typically engages at the technology level within the customer base when solutions to identified business needs must be met through custom designs. You will regularly lead multiple projects and performs project activities such as planning, requirements gathering, design configuration and testing.
- Solve client business problems through integration and implementation of custom network solutions.
- Validate the appropriate configuration for OneWeb Technologies Global Access Networks and Value-Added Services to support deployment and sustainment of hybrid Geo, MEO and LEO satellite networks.
- Monitor network engineering performance and ensure system availability and reliability.
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS).
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations.
- Evaluate and recommend remote and teleport ground station satellite and network equipment.
- Track services through the preparation of status reports.
- Document network configurations for OneWeb Technology services.
- Assist in the network planning and recommendation terrestrial connectivity.
- Develop and maintain performance data of all OneWeb Technologies facilities.
- Develop and maintain project plans and schedules to support completion of new/changes in services.
- Own and resolve complex technical issues with the operations of satellite and terrestrial networks.
- Work with end users and technical staff to implement and maintain systems that utilize industry best practices to meet business objectives, while maintaining the security and integrity of data and networks.
- Prepare, coordinate and support user training and documentation and provide technical assistance for post-implementation support issues.
- Install and maintain firewalls, establishing, and maintaining company-wide access policies to the internet.
- Review and monitor operational performance.
- Implement and maintain periodic performance metrics that ensure the proper operation of the satellite and terrestrial networks at all facilities.
- Maintain detailed documentation of network configurations and baselines.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network resource administration, appropriate use, and disaster recovery.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Perform network and security audits.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Telecommunications engineering or Computer Science with Physics, or Mathematics preferred
- 15+ years prior experience in network design, implementation, and installation required
- Experience in provisioning, operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance required
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (i.e. Excel, Work, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio) required
- CCNP or higher certifications preferred
- CISSP, Security + preferred
- Knowledge of DoD RMF and related NIST security guidance for network systems.
- Designing, planning, implementation, and support iDirect technology-based networks.
- Knowledge of and experience with a wide range of technologies including routers, switches, VSAT, RF uplink and downlink hardware, satellite modems, and associated redundancy hardware.
- Possess a subject matter expert knowledge of LAN/WAN technologies and routing protocols such as RIP, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, MPLS traffic engineering and VPN technologies.
- Independent problem-solving skills must be well-balanced with understanding of system/business vs. customer goals to ensure the best technical and business solution is reached.
- Ability to work independently on diverse issues with minimal supervision.
Apply today and tell us why you would be a good fit for our Senior Network Engineer role!
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
TechnologyView all jobs at OneWeb Technologies