OneWall Communities Stamford, CT
- Expired: September 22, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
OneWall Communities® is a vertically integrated real estate company that focuses on transit and lifestyle-oriented workforce housing in the Northeast U.S.
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, proactive, customer-oriented person to join our team as an Operations Accountant. The Operations Accountant will manage a set of accounting activities for OneWall Communities operating accounts to ensure compliance with GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles), corporate policies, and external audits. The person in this position will process and maintain financial transactions by establishing accounts, posting transactions, and conducting monthly reconciliations of accounts. This person will also produce reports to financial stakeholders for analysis and is responsible for processing company payroll. We are looking for an experienced and skilled bookkeeper with payroll and cash management experience.
Some responsibilities include:
- Responsible for preparing monthly and year-end close of financial reporting, ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded, including accurate journal entries to record activity, maintaining the general ledger, and reconciling account balances for OneWall Communities operating accounts.
- Responsible for cash control and bank reconciliations for OneWall Communities operating accounts.
- Review vendor invoices and associated disbursements for operating accounts; support team members responsible for entering AP/AR into Property Management Software Applications.
- Record and maintain escrows, replacement reserves, capital expenditures, depreciation, and equity contributions/distributions.
- Performs bookkeeping functions, including accounts payable, accounts receivable and bank reconciliations.
- Assist in the payroll function by accurately managing the data collection process of hours worked and timely payroll submission; maintains confidentiality with all payroll sensitive materials.
- Develop effective filing systems and maintains confidential property management and/or payroll files and records.
- Act as a resource and liaison to investment partners, lenders, and third-party service providers.
- Provide financial analysis and feedback of financial statements to include variances to the budget.
- Support the Controller with developing annual budgets, compiling information for tax preparation, and preparation of monthly and year-end close of financial reporting of OneWall Communities operating accounts.
- Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures, and operational strategies including the review and implementation of process and system changes.
- Assist in the development and implementation of cost control measures.
- Provide support to others on use of accounting software, as needed.
- Monitor office expenditures and handles office contracts such as rent, service, etc.
- Maintain office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Open and maintain credit / buying accounts with various vendors.
- Maintain insurance schedules for the company to include entity maintenance and Business Entity filings; complete administrative tasks related to managing vendor relationships.
- Process company payroll and complete” bill backs” to on-site properties.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Complete all OneWall University courses by the required deadline.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Previous experience of general accounting
Why Should You Apply? We offer:
- Comprehensive Benefit Packages
- Generous Paid Time Off policy
- Fun and Inclusive Culture
- Retirement Savings Plan
OneWall Communities is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and maintaining an inclusive work environment. OneWall Communities prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at OneWall Communities