- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
OneWall Communities is growing!
We are looking for a Controller to oversee daily accounting operations. This position calls for excellent written and oral communication skills as well as a strong attention to detail and accuracy. The Controller is responsible for leading the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of financial reports and budgets, processing of payroll, maintenance of adequate accounting records, preparation of tax returns, and regulatory compliance. The person in this role will maintain a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and/or tax returns and regulatory compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Ensure appropriate controls and procedures are in place to produce accurate and timely financial reporting.
● Provide leadership, coaching, training, and mentorship to all direct reports.
● Monitor, forecast, and manage cash flows across the organization.
● Oversee the preparation of detailed financial audit work in connection with the monthly, quarterly, and year-end reporting process.
● Identify opportunities to automate and streamline processes using the existing accounting systems.
● Provide ad-hoc analysis and requests as needed.
● Manage monthly and annual Property Operating Reports. Assist in preparing annual operating budgets.
● Conduct lender compliance reporting and maintain loan compliance (e.g., preparing
financial packages for lenders, comply with debt covenants, etc.).
● Ensure timely tax and loan payments are made.
● Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and assist with the preparation of all corporate and property entity tax filings.
● Complete all OneWall University courses by the required deadline.
● Perform other related duties as assigned.
Directly supervises a team of 3 to 7 employees in the Accounting Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university.
- 1+ years of relevant supervisory experience with at least 1 year of significant real
- 3+ years of Financial Analytical Experience (i.e., Budget Analysis, Accrual/Cash or
Hybrid Operating Reports, Tax Accounting, GAAP Financials, and Ad Hoc Analysis).
- Having RealPage experience is a plus!
Certificates and Licenses:
Certified Management Accountant designation strongly preferred.
Why Should You Apply? We offer:
- Comprehensive Benefit Packages
- Generous Paid Time Off policy
- Fun and Inclusive Culture
- Retirement Savings Plan
OneWall Communities is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and maintaining an inclusive work environment. OneWall Communities prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws.
OneWall CommunitiesWhy Work Here?
Great company with great benefits! OneWall Communities® takes pride in building up its team members so each individual shines.
OneWall Communities® is a vertically integrated real estate company that focuses on transit and lifestyle-oriented workforce housing in the Northeast U.S. Our growing footprint in the region is a result of a constant drive to positively impact our residents, communities, and investors. We are fueled by an entrepreneurial spirit that challenges us to continuously find innovative and sustainable solutions in order to create worry-free environments. Simply put, we strive to create great communities.
707 Summer DriveStamford, CT
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at OneWall Communities